Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 141 mal aufgerufen
 Medien, Schule, Beruf, Unterhaltung pp.
hong wei Offline

26.11.2018 04:40
www.greenbaypackersteamonline.com Antworten

Here’s a look at what’s happening around the majors today:

HIGH HEAT

It’s expected to be a hot box at many ballparks Nick Perry Jersey , with game-time temperatures likely to climb over 100 degrees in Texas for White Sox-Rangers, near triple digits in Baltimore, Philadelphia and Yankee Stadium, and into the mid-90s in Chicago and Cincinnati. On Saturday, three Twins left early with heat illness at Wrigley Field.

”Drink more water, try to stay by the fan. I try to keep a towel by my side and make sure I catch my breath,” White Sox shortstop Tim Anderson said. ”It’s a mind thing. You can’t think too much about it. If you do, it’ll eat you up.”

Angels manager Mike Scioscia saw starter Tyler Skaggs wilt after five innings in Baltimore. Scioscia was already anticipating another steamy afternoon.

”These guys will be hydrating tonight and I know Deck McGuire, the starter, was hydrating all day just in anticipation of the heat,” he said.

Said Orioles skipper Buck Showalter: ”There’s a big bulletin board the guys see every day reminding them of the things they need to do to hydrate properly. … We’re taking a lot of precautions.”

RIVALRY NIGHT

The Red Sox and Yankees play in prime time, with stars David Price (9-5, 3.66 ERA) and Luis Severino (12-2, 2.10) on the mound. New York entered Saturday a major league-best 19-5 against left-handed starting pitchers, and its .820 OPS against lefties was best in the majors. The left-handed Price has been tough lately, though, going 7-1 with a 2.72 ERA in nine starts since being diagnosed with a mild case of carpal tunnel syndrome that caused him to miss a scheduled turn against the Yankees in early May.

POWER PITCHER

The biggest bat off Cincinnati’s bench might be in the bullpen. No Youth Logan Cooke Jersey , really. Reds reliever Michael Lorenzen has homered in three straight at-bats after connecting for a pinch-hit grand slam Saturday in a 12-3 victory over Milwaukee. He also went deep Friday during Milwaukee’s 8-2 win. ”We treat him as a position player. We covered him in scouting meetings. We’re going to have to make some adjustments,” Brewers manager Craig Counsell said. The last major league pitcher to homer in three consecutive at-bats was Colorado’s Mike Hampton in 2001. For the season, Lorenzen is 4 for 6 with three homers and six RBIs. His fifth career homer was the second grand slam by a Reds pitcher in a week – starter Anthony DeSclafani also hit one against the Chicago Cubs.

STINGY STUFF

The surging Rays (41-41) send left-hander Blake Snell (10-4, 2.31 ERA) to the mound against Charlie Morton (10-1, 2.54) and the World Series champion Astros in the finale of a four-game series. Snell didn’t give up a hit until the seventh inning of an 11-0 win over Washington on Monday night. Tampa Bay has limited opponents to two runs or fewer in five straight games, and seven out of eight during a tough stretch against the Yankees, Nationals and Astros. Morton has won three straight starts and hasn’t permitted an earned run in his last two. Houston first baseman Yuli Gurriel (paternity leave) is expected back in the lineup.

CANADIAN CURRENCY

Blue Jays left-hander J.A. Happ (10-3, 3.62 ERA) faces the skidding Tigers on Canada Day in Toronto. An expected trade target as the July 31 deadline approaches, Happ has won six straight decisions and is unbeaten in eight outings. Detroit has lost 11 games in a row overall – and 12 of 14 in Toronto. Meanwhile, the Blue Jays have won 10 of 11 at home.

BAY AREA BOOM

Jed Lowie and the Oakland Athletics (46-38) try for their seventh straight victory when they host AL Central-leading Cleveland. The surprising A’s have won 12 of 14 overall. They’ve also taken seven in a row against Cleveland, and nine of the last 10 meetings in Oakland.

SUMMER WINS

Chicago Cubs left-hander Jon Lester (10-2, 2.18 ERA) hopes to start a new month the same way he ended the last one. After going 5-0 with a 1.13 ERA in five June starts, Lester pitches against Lance Lynn (5-6, 4.81) and the Minnesota Twins in the finale of the three-game interleague series.

WESTWARD NO

The Baltimore Orioles are 0-15 against AL West opponents this year after losing to the Angels 6-2 on Saturday. The O’s have dropped seven in a row overall, 17 of 18 at Camden Yards and own the worst record in the majors at 23-59. They’ll try again when Kevin Gausman (3-6, 4.20 ERA) pitches at home against Los Angeles righty Deck McGuire, who makes his third major league start. Gausman has lost his last four decisions and hasn’t completed seven innings in any of his past eight starts.

The Patriots’ loss in the Super Bowl likely will be the last game for New England’s two coordinators Youth Armani Watts Jersey , both almost certain to be named head coaches elsewhere in the next few days.

Offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels led a typical Patriots offensive showcase Sunday night, as New England gained 613 yards against Philadelphia. Defensive coordinator Matt Patricia was left answering questions on why his unit couldn’t stop Eagles, who gained 538 in the 41-33 victory.

McDaniels is believed to be the Indianapolis Colts preferred candidate for their head coaching opening, while Patricia is expected to be take over the Detroit Lions.

They have already interviewed for the vacancies and spent the week leading to the Super Bowl shrugging off questions about the future.

They did the same again Sunday night, though each was noticeably subdued after coming up short in their bid to win back-to-back rings with the Patriots.

”I’m not talking about that tonight,” said McDaniels, who has served a total of nine seasons as Patriots offensive coordinator under Bill Belichick. ”I feel terrible for the guys in the locker room because they’re the ones that put in all that work.”

It would be McDaniels’ second head coaching job. He previously served as the Denver Broncos’ coach during the 2009 and 2010 seasons. Following a stop in St. Louis as the Rams coordinator in 2011, he returned to New England in 2012.

Patricia’s star has been on the rise since he became New England’s defensive coordinator prior to the 2012 season. He has been with the Patriots since 2004, when he was hired as an offensive assistant.

This would be his first head coaching job.

”Right now it’s all about the game and Philly and my disappointment in the outcome of the game tonight,” Patricia said when asked about the Lions’ job. ”This is really a difficult game where you are kind of all in. We didn’t do a great job of trying to execute. There is only going to be one team that is happy in the end.”

He said he hasn’t begun to reflect on what he’s accomplished in New England, having been a part of three Super Bowl-winning teams.

”Not at this current moment. I just feel very bad for our guys,” he said. ”I really wanted them to be put in a situation that allowed them to be successful in the game. Obviously we can go back and reflect at a later time.”

That time just may not be as a member of the Patriots’ staff.

Regardless of his future, McDaniels said Sunday’s loss was one of the worst he’s ever been through.

”You realize when you’re at this stage, there’s a lot of great players and coaches, and you never know when you’re going to get another opportunity. So it’s tough.”

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz