Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 153 mal aufgerufen
 OAM-Trainingslabor-Gästebuch
elaine95 Offline

30.11.2018 06:40
the Angels with a 6.75 Antworten

PHOENIX (AP) The Arizona Diamondbacks brought back a familiar sidearm right-hander and acquired a left-hander who happened to be just down the hall in a pair of trade deadline moves designed to bolster the bullpen.Brad Ziegler Christian Vazquez Jersey , who pitched for Arizona from 2011 to 2016 and holds several club relief records, was traded back to the Diamondbacks by Miami in exchange for minor league right-hander Tommy Eveld.Arizona also picked up left-hander Jake Diekman from the Texas Ranger for minor league pitcher Wei-Chieh Huang. It didn’t take long for Diekman to show up at his new locker. He gathered his belongings from the visitor’s clubhouse and accepted a Diamondbacks offer to give him a ride in the bullpen cart to his new home.”They asked,” he said, ”and I was like `Yeah, I don’t want to carry all of my stuff.”Arizona manager Torey Lovullo said the moves were made to supplement the bullpen but would not change the roles of the ”big three” of Yoshihisa Hirano, Archie Bradley and closer Brad Boxberger.The moves follow a pair of other Arizona trades in recent days. They acquired infielder Eduardo Escobar from Minnesota for three minor leaguers and got right-hander Matt Andriese from Tampa Bay for two prospects.”When you walk in and you see all these moves being made,” Bradley said, ”you know that your coaching staff, your front office, they believe in you and they think you have a chance to go do something more than just play out the rest of the year. … We’re trying to go win, we’re not just kind of middle of the road, we’re making moves and we’re trying to go win and make the playoffs.”The Diamondbacks trailed the first-place Los Angeles Dodgers by a half-game in the NL West entering Tuesday’s play.The 38-year-old Ziegler pitched for Arizona from 2011 through 2016, compiling a 21-11 record and a 2.49 ERA with 62 saves. He is 1-5 this season with 10 saves and a 3.98 ERA. Since June 5 http://www.redsoxproshops.com/authentic-fred-lynn-jersey , he is tied for second among major league relievers with a 0.64 ERA.”We know he’s had a tremendous amount of success, especially recently, against right-handed batters,” Lovullo said. ”That will be the starting point for me.”Ziegler recently was named to the Diamondbacks’ 20th anniversary team. Arizona assumes the $2,951,613 remaining of Ziegler’s $9 million salary.Diekman, 31, was 1-1 with two saves, 14 holds and a 3.69 ERA in 47 appearances with the Rangers.He said he’d already packed up his apartment in anticipation of some sort of trade and said he was ready to pitch Tuesday night against Texas.”Sure, why not?” he said. ”I’m energized.”In corresponding moves, the Diamondbacks designated lefty Jorge De La Rosa for assignment and moved right-hander Shelby Miller to the 60-day disabled list.— Los Angeles Angels designated hitter Shohei Ohtani will look to continue his hot hitting against the Texas Rangers when they meet in the middle game of their three-game series at Angel Stadium on Tuesday.Ohtani, a Japanese rookie who successfully pitched for the Angels before ligament damage in his throwing elbow shut him down, hit a solo home run in the series opener on Monday night. The Angels went on to win 5-4 on a walk-off home run by pinch hitter Jose Briceno in the 11th inning Wade Boggs Jersey , the sixth home run in the game.The sixth walk-off win of the season for the Angels (76-81), and first since July 27, ended a five-game losing streak that included four straight games in which the opposition scored in double figures and saw the Angels allow 56 runs.Article continues below ...Ohtani went 1-for-5 on Monday and is hitting .327 with five home runs, four doubles and 11 RBIs in 15 games against Texas (66-90) this season.Ohtani is 2-for-4 with two doubles off veteran right-hander Yovani Gallardo, the scheduled starter for the Rangers on Tuesday.Gallardo (8-6. 6.59) has made 16 starts this season. He went 7-1 from June 23 to August 8, but is 1-5 in his past seven outings, losing his past three.Gallardo will start on six days rest following a 4-0 loss to the Tampa Bay Rays last Tuesday. He went five innings in that game, allowing three runs and eight hits.Gallardo is 0-2 in his career against the Angels with a 6.75 ERA. He faced them at Angel Stadium on Sept. 12 and was pulled after allowing six runs and six hits in three innings of the 8-1 loss.Gallardo told MLB.com after his last start that he wants to finish the season strong.“This year has been a grind for all of us,” he said. “Had some rough outings and good outings, I’ve shown I have been able to go out and compete and still have it. This game, you never stop learning no matter how much service time you have. You keep making adjustments. I feel good, my body feels great. The next few outings finish strong and go from there.”The offense is averaging 7.54 runs when Gallardo is on the mound, but they’ve supplied just 10 runs in his past seven starts.Matt Shoemaker is scheduled to start for the Angels.Shoemaker (2-2 http://www.redsoxproshops.com/authentic-carlton-fisk-jersey , 5.48) is 4-2 with a 4.91 ERA in seven career starts against Texas. He faced the Rangers on Sept. 3 in Texas and threw five shutout innings in his first outing since March but did not receive the decision in the 3-1 victory.He struggled in his most recent outing, allowing five runs and five hits in 2 2/3 innings of a 21-3 loss to the Oakland A’s on Thursday, the worst loss in franchise history.Angels manager Mike Scioscia told MLB.com that Shoemaker is trying to regain his touch after missing five months with a forearm injury.“There’s going to be some rough spots here or there,” Scioscia said. “He’s, at times, pitching very well, and at times, he’s missing his spots, getting behind and making mistakes. But the stuff is there, no doubt. Maybe the command isn’t as consistent as we know it can be with Matt.”

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz