Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 139 mal aufgerufen
 OAM-Trainingslabor-Gästebuch
elaine95 Offline

07.12.2018 08:48
24th save in 28 chances.HONORING McCAINThe Reds held a moment of silence pregame for Sen. John McCain, who died of brain cancer Antworten

LOS ANGELES (AP) — This was a true fall classic for Eduardo Nunez.The Boston third baseman became a one-man blooper reel when he flipped http://www.bluejaysfanproshop.com/authentic-roberto-osuna-jersey , tripped, tumbled and sprawled Friday night in Game 3 of the World Series.“He was all over the place, huh?” Red Sox manager Alex Cora said.All that, and he didn’t even enter until the 10th inning.Nunez wound up hitting the dirt — and the seats — at Dodger Stadium in the longest Series game ever, a 3-2 win in 18 innings by Los Angeles that cut Boston’s edge to 2-1.“A little sore today, but I’ll be fine tomorrow,” Nunez said.In a crazy game with lots of late twists and turns, no one better exemplified that than Nunez.His follies began in the Boston 13th when, with Nunez batting, Brock Holt took off from first on a pitch that bounced. Catcher Austin Barnes scrambled to retrieve the ball in the batter’s box, burrowed into Nunez’s legs and spun him hard onto his back .“When the catcher ran over him, he felt he was in bad shape,” Cora said. “But like I told him, he’s like, ‘I’m not coming out.’ I said Roberto Alomar Jersey , ‘Well, you can’t come out. We have no more players.'”Instead, Nunez was just getting warmed up.He steadied himself and hit a tapper that reliever Scott Alexander fielded on the right side. Nunez made a dive into first base and jarred himself as Alexander’s throw went wild, scoring Holt with the go-ahead run .In the bottom half, Max Muncy was on first with one out when Cody Bellinger hit a foul popup near the third-base seats. The overshifted Nunez went a long way to make the catch, but backed into the low wall and flipped into the stands .Nunez somehow emerged from the seats with a smile.“I was just laughing because everything happened in the wrong time. Unbelievable,” he said. “Any more players this happens every time?”Muncy moved to second on the play, and scored to make it 2-all when second baseman Ian Kinsler threw away Yasiel Puig’s grounder.Nunez wasn’t quite finished, either.In the 16th, he cut across the diamond for Puig’s popup. He caught the ball — and a few more bruises, probably — when he tripped and did a face-first pratfall on the mound .Once again, he stayed in the game.“We no have any more players, so I no have choice. I have to be playing,” he said, laughing.Cora appreciated Nunez’s determination. The 31-year-old from the Dominican Republic hit a three-run homer in the opener .“It was a tough one for him http://www.bluejaysfanproshop.com/authentic-paul-molitor-jersey , but he gave us a great effort. He actually played a good game. He was limping all over the place,” he said.“It is what it is. There’s a lot of guys a little banged up, but they grind it out,” he said. CINCINNATI (AP) — Junior Guerra might have pitched himself out of the Milwaukee Brewers‘ rotation as they continue their August slide.Jose Peraza started Guerra’s rough outing with a two-run homer, and the Cincinnati Reds withstood Christian Yelich’s first multihomer game for a 9-7 victory Tuesday night.Since trailing the Cubs by a game on Aug. 4, Milwaukee has gone 8-11 and slid to third in the NL Central. Guerra (6-9) has been stuck in his own slump, going 0-4 in his last eight starts since July 8.The Reds ended a five-game losing streak by taking advantage of Guerra, who gave up six runs and faced only 13 batters in his shortest outing of the season. Peraza had two of his four hits off Guerra, who threw 45 pitches.“That first inning was hard, it was long,” Guerra said through a translator. “I was in the (strike) zone and they attacked me, they were going after it. There’s no excuse.” Peraza homered and Guerra let in a run with a wild pitch during a nine-batter first inning. Guerra left with the bases loaded and one out in the second. Guerra has pitched four innings or less in four of his last eight games.Asked whether Guerra will remain in the rotation, manager Craig Counsell was noncommittal.“We’re going to have to talk about that,” Counsell said. “He’s been struggling a little bit since the All-Star break.”Anthony DeSclafani (7-4) gave up four runs in 6 2/3 innings, including Yelich’s solo homer. Yelich added a three-run shot in the seventh off Jared Hughes. Yelich has 10 homers in August and a career-high 25 overall.The Brewers have homered in 20 consecutive games at Great American Ball Park Roger Clemens Jersey , the longest streak by any team at the park, which opened in 2003.DeSclafani missed the first two months recovering from a strained oblique. In five August starts, he’s gone 3-1 with a 2.62 ERA.“It’s been the same plan since I’ve been back: throw strikes and get contact,” DeSclafani said. “You’re going to have good stretches and bad stretches. I’m feeling pretty good about my last four outings.”Raisel Iglesias got the final out in the eighth. He gave up a pair of hits in the ninth and Yelich’s run-scoring groundout — his career-high fifth RBI — before closing out his 24th save in 28 chances.HONORING McCAINThe Reds held a moment of silence pregame for Sen. John McCain, who died of brain cancer.UNDER RIGGLEMANThe Reds are 54-60 since April 19, when they replaced Bryan Price with interim manager Jim Riggleman.CATCHING A BREAKEugenio Suarez headed toward the dugout after reaching third base in the second inning, thinking the Brewers had pulled off a double play to end the inning. Instead, there were only two outs. Suarez was allowed to return to third base because Counsell had called timeout, unaware of Suarez leaving the base.GOTCHAErik Kratz had an RBI single in the fourth, but center fielder Billy Hamilton threw out a runner at the plate to end the inning. Hamilton leads the majors with 12 assists.TRAINER’S ROOMBrewers: RH Zach Davies is expected to rejoin the team over the weekend. He’s been recovering from a shoulder injury since June. Counsell hasn’t decided whether to use him in the rotation or the bullpen.Reds: 1B Joey Votto took ground balls and ran on the field pregame. He’s expected to have another workout on Wednesday, and the Reds will decide whether to activate him. Votto has been sidelined since Aug. 17 by a sore right knee, which was hit by a pitch on Aug. 4.UP NEXTBrewers: Freddy Peralta (6-4) makes his second straight start against the Reds. He got a 4-0 win last Wednesday, allowing three hits and fanning seven in seven innings.Reds: Matt Harvey (6-7) makes his 19th start for the Reds. He’s 1-0 with a 1.45 ERA in his last three.

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz