Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 139 mal aufgerufen
 Chatarchiv Absprachen, Sitzungen, Verhandlungen usw.
liny Offline

12.12.2018 08:31
Mario Edwards: Five things to know about new Antworten

Giants defensive end Among the six players the New York Giants were awarded on waivers Sunday http://www.newyorkgiantsteamonline.com/kareem-martin-jersey , the headliner might be former Oakland Raiders defensive end Mario Edwards. I reached out to Levi Damien, the big cheese over at SB Nation’s Raiders website, Silver and Black Pride, for the inside scoop on Edwards. He spent parts of four seasons in Oakland, so Damien knows the player well.Here are five not so encouraging things to know about the 24-year-old 2015 second-round pick.Ed: Why did the Raiders let him go?Levi: He is due to make $1.9 million this season, they drafted two interior pass rushers and had a couple of other guys outplay Edwards (and who are cheaper). He is also seen as someone who doesn’t put in the work.Ed: What are his strengths?Levi: I have never seen it with Edwards. He is usually better at playing the run than rushing the passer. He showed some pass rush over the first four games last season (had 3.5 sacks in those first four games) and then disappeared. Which was pretty typical for him.Ed: Weaknesses?Levi: He is injury prone. He has never finished a full 16 games including missing all but two games in 2016. And when he returned, he was a non-factor.Ed: Anything about him off the field or as a person we should know?Levi: He isn’t very fit. Seen as having poor work ethic. He was a top recruit in the nation for Florida State and then disappointed, mainly because he was overweight. He blamed it on FSU liking big linemen, but that was a shaky excuse at best.Ed: How do you see him fitting into a team like the Giants that will use both 3-4 and 4-3 front?Levi: He can play 3-tech in a 4-3 and 5-tech in a 3-4.Like I said up top, not exactly a glowing recommendation for the Giants newest defensive end.Pat’s Perspectives: The oh-no edition I swear I didn’t plan it this way, but when I got done with this week’s Perspectives column, I noticed how every item had something to do with O — either the letter or the number. So let’s jump right in — and as always, comments, questions and feedback are always appreciated.Brad Penner-USA TODAY SportsOh-and-2I’m not quite ready to push the panic button and declare this Giants season a continuation of last year’s disaster mainly because I really do believe the Giants know where their short comings are http://www.newyorkgiantsteamonline.com/aldrick-rosas-jersey , and the coaching staff hasn’t yet exhausted all ideas to get it fixed.What I am a tad concerned about is how time can run out very quickly in an NFL season. I can remember how last year every week we were told by a player or a coach, “We’re getting close” or “This is correctable”or “We’re not panicking.”Well, “getting close” is a matter of someone’s opinion that can’t be measured in this instance as you’re either “there” or you’re not.Right now, the Giants are clearly not. Fanpulse PicksGiants fans at Big Blue View think the Giants will lose by 1.Eagles fans at Bleeding Green Nation think the Eagles will win by 5.The biggest issue I have is with the “We’re not panicking” line. To me, not panicking means staying the course and doing what you planned to do.But something that has popped up on offense over the last two weeks which has been maddening to figure out has been the team’s tendency to move away from running the ball too early.Now I get it that when you’re behind in a game, you have to pass the ball because those plays are quicker, and you can cram a lot more plays into a shorter period of time. So when I say the Giants have been giving up on running the ball early, I’m talking about with the game still being within reach and with a lot of time left. The most recent example was last week’s loss to the Cowboys. After two quarters of play, the Cowboys had a 10-0 lead — not a huge deficit at that point, especiallysince the Giants defense had settled down by then. Yet oddly enough, the Giants, even with their inconsistent pass protection, ended up running the ball eight times in the first half while passing 20. Considering Saquon Barkley was averaging 3.5 yards per carry in the first two quarters of play and quarterback Eli Manning was averaging 4.85 yards per pass attempt (that mostly a result of check-down passes), wouldn’t it have made sense to run the ball a little more to maybe given the Cowboys pause about whipping out all their fancy stunts and twists against the Giants pass blocking?Offensive coordinator Mike Shula was asked if the inconsistency by the offense has affected the play-calling planned for specific scenarios. “I think at times http://www.newyorkgiantsteamonline.com/will-hernandez-jersey , yeah,” he admitted. “I think probably anybody on offense or defense, would say yes to that question.”While it’s easy to appreciate head coach Pat Shurmur’s willingness to constantly evaluate and adjust not just during a season but in games, sometimes if you over evaluate or change too much, that has the opposite effect of what you’re striving for.When the Giants do their evaluations, maybe they should start with how often they’re tweaking things in-game and, if they are indeed changing things up too soon or too frequently, try to cut back on that. NorthJersey.com-USA TODAY NETWORPass protection struggles Having watched the Giants offensive line in two games now, I had a crazy theory about the right side of the offensive line and why it has not been as effective as the left side.According to Pro Football Focus, the right side of the Giants offensive line has allowed 15 total pressures to the left’s side’s 9 (but to be fair here, the left side has allowed 3 sacks to the right’s side’s 2).Now in my game observations, there have been more than a few instances where on the right side of the offensive line it looks as though there was a communication issue between guard Patrick Omameh and tackle Ereck Flowers during pass protection. So that got me wondering if because both players are still becoming acclimated with playing on the right side after years of playing on the left side, are their struggles related to the fact that they’re both kind of feeling their way when they’re out there. I took that question to offensive coordinator Mike Shula who predictably dismissed it. “Communication probably is always key to a lot of things — it doesn’t differ with playing football,” he said.“They just gotta continue to go over it and over it and I think with each rep in practice http://www.newyorkgiantsteamonline.com/b.j.-goodson-jersey , they’re going to get a little more experience and they’re going to get better.”Still, that didn’t address my question regarding things that teams do that don’t necessarily show up on film from that week’s opponent — after all, if it was that simple, then games would probably be low scoring every week because everyone would have a strong idea what the opponent as going to do.It also didn’t address my question regarding what happens during a game, when the defense gives them a look that maybe they weren’t expecting.“The other thing is vision,” Shula said. “If they see certain looks, they need to talk to each other and confirm, ‘Hey, this is what we saw on our film study and in practice. so this is what we can expect.’ The improvement of awareness before the ball is snapped is another thing, too.”While Shula didn’t exactly address the original question, the last thing he said to me about awareness was interesting only because in a past column, I had questions about the quality of the preparation in the classroom. Well, the preparation also extends to the pre-snap reads, so if — and I’m not saying this is the case — but if someone isn’t aware of what’s taking place before the snap http://www.authenticsnewyorkgiants.com/cheap-aldrick-rosas-jersey , then then that either falls on his preparation before the ball is snapped or not having someone experienced enough next to him on that side to clarify what’s unfolding before him. Matthew Emmons-USA TODAY SportsOdell gets itIf you’re still not convinced that receiver Odell Beckham Jr. has seen the light, then I have a locker room story to share.The first two weeks of the season, Beckham and teammate Jonathan Stewart would be seen sprawled out on the floor of the locker room during the open media period playing cards. This week, however, they skipped that practice. So when someone from the media quipped to Beckham, “What, no card game today?” he smiled and said, “We’re 0-2, man. No time for cards when you’re 0-2.”Amen!

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz