Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 141 mal aufgerufen
 OAM-Trainingslabor-Gästebuch
elaine95 Offline

20.12.2018 04:41
is known for his changeup Antworten

Daniel Norris was as effective as he has been all year in his last start. The next step for the Detroit Tigers left-hander is to get a win before the season ends.Norris will have two more shots at that http://www.indiansfanproshop.com/authentic-jose-ramirez-jersey , including the finale of a four-game series against Kansas City on Sunday afternoon. The game will also serve as Detroit’s home finale.Norris (0-5, 5.71 ERA) held Minnesota scoreless for five innings Tuesday before coming out in the sixth after allowing two runs. He spent much of the season on the disabled list after undergoing groin surgery.Article continues below ...“I felt I located my fastball. I changed speeds, and I was spinning my curveball pretty well,” Norris told the Detroit News afterward. “I got a little tired there in the sixth, leaving the ball up. But I didn’t want to come out.”The Tigers hope that Norris can get a little boost of confidence heading into the offseason and claim a rotation spot next spring. He was regarded as one of the majors’ top pitching prospects when he was acquired in 2015 during a trade deadline swap with Toronto.Injuries have prevented Norris from fulfilling that potential and he’s still trying to regain his fastball velocity. He has been throwing fastballs in the low 90s after reaching the mid-90s earlier in his career.His outing Sunday will be his fifth start since being activated.“I like the way he competes. I like his stuff,” Tigers manager Ron Gardenhire told MLB.com. “He’s missed a lot of baseball, so he’s about where you normally are in the first few weeks out of spring training as a pitcher. He’s been working very hard to get back, and he’s got good stuff.“He’s got all the pitches that you need to get people out in this league. I like the way he competes. I’m excited about this kid.”Norris is 1-2 with a 3.89 ERA in eight career starts against Kansas City.He’ll be opposed by rookie right-hander Brad Keller (8-6, 3.17 ERA), who has won four of his last five decisions. He wound up with a no-decision Monday after surrendering four runs and 10 hits in six innings at Pittsburgh, though he also struck out seven.“I obviously didn’t have my best command today, especially early on Bradley Zimmer Jersey ,” Keller told MLB.com afterward. “But the changeup started to come on late, so I tried to roll with that. I felt like I had a few more innings, and then that seventh inning — base hit up the middle and then kind of a cheap hit right there got me out of that game. But definitely a grind one.”The Tigers haven’t seen him since he was moved into the rotation in late May. He made four relief appearances against them in the spring, going 0-1 while allowing one run in a combined three innings.Detroit designated hitter Victor Martinez closed out his career with an infield single in the Tigers’ 5-4 win Saturday. Martinez, 39, announced Friday that Saturday’s game would be his last. Tigers second baseman Niko Goodrum returned to the lineup after being sidelined since Sept. 12 with a quad contusion. He had three hits, a run scored and two RBIs. MIAMI — The Miami Marlins, dead last in the major leagues in attendance, conclude their 2018 home schedule Sunday against the Cincinnati Reds.The Marlins, who are averaging just over 9,000 fans per game, trail the next-worst team http://www.indiansfanproshop.com/authentic-brandon-guyer-jersey , the Tampa Bay Rays, by more than 200,000 in total attendance.Miami’s 2018 attendance is the worst by a major league team since the Expos’ final season in Montreal in 2004.Article continues below ...Sunday’s home finale likely won’t draw big numbers either as the Marlins (61-93) have the worst win-loss record in the National League, and the Reds (66-90) are also a last-place team.In addition, the Marlins will have to compete with the NFL as the Miami Dolphins — off to a promising start at 2-0 — will host the Oakland Raiders on Sunday. The Marlins and the Dolphins are set to start at 1 p.m. ET.Meanwhile, Marlins CEO Derek Jeter has indicated that manager Don Mattingly will be allowed to return in 2019 to fulfill the final season of his four-year contract.“Is he going to be back in 2019?” Jeter said when asked. “He’s under contract, so yeah.”Jeter, who was used to winning or at least competing for World Series titles during his days as a New York Yankees shortstop, is having to preach patience with this Marlins team.“Where we are starting from, the only way to go is up,” Jeter said. “This is a transitional year for us to learn as much as possible about the organization.”In Sunday’s game, Miami will start rookie right-hander Trevor Richards (3-9 Erik Gonzalez Jersey , 4.95 ERA). Cincinnati gives the ball to right-hander Michael Lorenzen (3-1, 3.03).Richards, who has struck 113 batters in 112 2/3 innings, is known for his changeup, which often gets swings and misses down in the zone.However, he has not won a game since he beat the Philadelphia Phillies on July 14.In three starts this month, he is 0-2 with an 11.12 ERA.Meanwhile, Lorenzen broke into the majors in 2015, pitching in 27 games (21 starts) and posting a 4-9 record with a 5.40 ERA.But Lorenzen was strictly a reliever in 2016, when he posted a 2-1 record and a 2.88 ERA, and again last year (8-4, 4.45 ERA).This year http://www.indiansfanproshop.com/authentic-josh-tomlin-jersey , Lorenzen was again a reliever for his first 42 appearances, but in his only start, he allowed one hit, one walk and one run (unearned) in four innings against the Milwaukee Brewers on Tuesday.It was his first start after having made 151 consecutive relief appearances.“I’ve been saying, ‘Give me a chance! Give me a chance!'” Lorenzen said after his Reds beat the Brewers 3-1. “They gave me a chance against a good lineup, and I was excited. It was like, ‘Man, I better step up’.”Lorenzen, 26, did just that, striking out three batters, inducing weak contact and getting Brewers batters to expand the zone.Lorenzen Carlos Carrasco Jersey , a native of Anaheim, Calif., was the 38th overall pick in the 2014 MLB Draft, selected by the Reds out of Cal State Fullerton.At 6 feet 3, 215 pounds, Lorenzen can muscle up his fastball, which averages an impressive 95 mph.He has a 2.63 ERA this month overall and a 2.62 ERA on the road for the season — two trends that could bode well for him Sunday.

«« commonplace
 Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz