Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 141 mal aufgerufen
 Chatarchiv Absprachen, Sitzungen, Verhandlungen usw.
liny Offline

28.12.2018 03:47
Giants 30 Antworten

New York Giants T-Shirt , Lions 17: 9 things we learned in Giants preseason victory What did we learn Friday night as the New York Giants were defeating the Detroit Lions 30-17 in NFL preseason action? You mean, aside from the fact that coach Pat Shurmur played it smart and kept Eli Manning and Odell Beckham Jr. anchored to the sideline? Well, read on and find out.What backup quarterback competition?Davis Webb started with Eli Manning joining Saquon Barkley and Odell Beckham Jr. on the sidelines, and put last week’s difficult game vs. the Cleveland Browns in the rearview mirror. He went 14-of-20 fo 140 yards with a touchdown and a 106.2 passer rating. He engineered a 17-play, 70-yard touchdown drive that lasted more than nine minutes. He threw some beatiful balls, a 27-yarder to Sterling Shepard and a 40-yarder to Russell Shepard among them.Kyle Lauletta had an interesting night. He led the Giants on two scoring drives, running for a 10-yard score and helping to block on an 11-yard touchdown run by Wayne Gallman. He showed some poise under duress. He completed only 2-of-5 passes, though, and all three incompletions were off-target balls to open receivers that should have resulted in nice gains for the offense.Bad news for Brett JonesJon Halapio was a game day captain. If it wasn’t already obvious that the center competition is over and Halapio is the starter, it certainly is now.Alec Ogletree is a liability in coverageIn the Giants first preseason game New York Giants Hats , the veteran linebacker was victimized by tight end David Njoku for a 36-yard touchdown. Friday, he was badly beaten by running back Theo Riddick for a 42-yard gain. If he’s going to be on the field for all three downs the Giants are going to need to find ways to limit his exposure in coverage.The helmet rule is madnessWhat, exactly, is Mark Herzlich supposed to do here? Allow himself to be blocked? Try to run around the blocker? Beside which the blocking back, Theo Riddick, launched himself helmet first into Herzlich. So how is that a 15-yard penalty on Herzlich?It’s Kerry Wynn’s worldI seriously am starting to believe the Giants put kickoffs in play only so the 265-pound Wynn can barrel down the field, crush would-be blockers and make tackles. Wynn made the tackles on the Giants’ first three kickoffs Friday. For good measure, he tossed in a sack, a quarterback hit and two total tackles on defense. Kyle Lauletta has wheels ... and he can block!If things don’t work out for Lauletta as a quarterback, maybe he has a future as a ball carrier.Lauletta made several Detroit defenders miss on a 10-yard touchdown run in the third quarter. Lauletta rolled left New York Giants Hoodie , juked a couple of defenders and dove for the score. Impressive stuff. On an 11-yard fourth-quarter touchdown run by Wayne Gallman it was Lauletta who threw the final block. Well, sort of. The rookie mostly got in the way of a defender or two, allowing Gallman a clear path to the end zone. Still, not shabby for a quarterback. The Giants aren’t showing much on defenseThat’s not to sat they aren’t playing well. Aside from Ogletree’s adventures in pass coverage, the starting defense has played well in two preseason games. It means they aren’t showing much schematically. The Giants three- and four-man lines vs. Detroit, but didn’t show a whole lot in terms of stunts, blitzes or unique looks. Defensive coordinator James Bettcher is saving that stuff for when he needs it.Cornerback clarity? Nah!Chris has already offered up a nice look at winners and losers in the Giants’ position battles. I just need to discuss cornerback for a minute. I was hoping the Giants would emerge with some clarity here, but I don’t think that was the case. Unless you want to say it’s clear they really need to be scouring the waiver wire once teams make cuts at the end of the preseason.I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I need to rain on the Grant Haley parade. He had little to nothing to do with the interception by Ray-Ray Armstrong. Had Detroit’s T.J. Jones done his job and made the catch that’s a completion in front of Haley, not a ball that glances off Haley’s arm and gets picked off by the Giants linebacker.Haley Youth Customized New York Giants Jerseys , an undrafted free agent bidding for a roster spot, gave up a touchdown, a number of completions and missed a couple of tackles. A step backward.I thought veterans B.W. Webb and Leonard Johnson took steps forward.In the end, I’m still confused about who should/should not make the roster. And, is William Gay a corner or a safety? Or both? Or neither?A surprising developmentOn a number of occasions I have written or said that I am concerned about the depth at inside linebacker behind Ogletree and B.J. Goodson. For the second straight week, Armstrong (2 tackles, an interception, a pass defensed) and Herzlich (7 tackles) played well.Giants injury report, 9/14: Olivier Vernon OUT Sunday vs. Dallas Cowboys The New York Giants will once again be without the services of their best pass rusher on Sunday against the Dallas Cowboys. Olivier Vernon will miss a second straight game due to an ankle injury suffered during a preseason practice.Coach Pat Shurmur told media at practice on Friday that the Giants hope Vernon will be able to play next week when the Giants face the Houston Texans.The Giants held the Jacksonville Jaguars to 13 offensive points without Vernon last week, but had only one sack and limited pressure on quarterback Blake Bortles with Vernon sidelined.Defensive coordinator James Bettcher knows the Giants miss Vernon.“When you’re talking about one of the elite pass rushers in the league www.giantsauthorizedshops.com , do you miss him? Sure, you’d love to have him. You go ask the 31 other (teams) if they want OV, all 31 will say yes,” Bettcher said on Thursday. “I do love the make-up of that room. I love Connor Barwin, Kareem Martin and Lorenzo Carter. All those guys got their hand on the pylon, you can see them. We’re lining them up in different spots, sometimes Connor’s inside, sometimes Kareem’s inside, and we’re moving them around and trying to get them on matchups.”Week 6 Injury ReportPlayerPositionInjuryTues.Wed.Game StatusPlayerPositionInjuryTues.Wed.Game Status

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz