Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 140 mal aufgerufen
 OAM-Trainingslabor-Gästebuch
elaine95 Offline

21.01.2019 07:39
, perKen Rosenthalof The Athletic Antworten

The Pittsburgh Pirates added one of the best bullpen arms available prior to Tuesday's non-waiver trade deadline by trading for right-handerKeone Kela.The Pirates acquired Kela from the Texas Rangers in exchange for pitcher Taylor Hearn and a player to be named http://www.stlouiscardinalsteamshop.com/authentic-willie-mcgee-jersey , per Adam Berry of MLB.com."I've never played there. Heard from a bunch of guys that it's a fun place to play," Kela said, per Berry. "It's a baseball city. It's family-oriented. Very happy to go over there and get the same love I did here."Kela was a noteworthy addition for more than just what he'll bring in the stretch run of this season. Unlike many non-waiver trade deadline acquisitions, he is not a rental. According to Spotrac, he will not be an unrestricted free agent until 2021."Kela is an experienced Mike Matheny Jersey , quality, high-leverage reliever who projects to be a significant addition to our late-game options for the next few seasons," general manager Neal Huntington said, per Berry.The right-hander has posted a 3.44 ERA, 1.15 WHIP http://www.stlouiscardinalsteamshop.com/authentic-red-schoendienst-jersey , 44 strikeouts and 24 saves in 36.2 innings this season. While Felipe Vazquez figures to remain the closer for the Pirates, Kela gives manager Clint Hurdle another bullpen weapon to unleash in high-leverage situations alongside Kyle Crick, Edgar Santana and Richard Rodriguez.He has always featured electrifying stuff and finished with a 2.39 ERA and 1.16 WHIP in 2015 and 2.79 ERA and 0.91 WHIP in 2017. While he struggled in 2016 with a 6.09 ERA and 1.38 WHIP, he still had 45 strikeouts in 34 innings and showed flashes of the head-turning talent that made him a trade target this year.Pittsburgh added Kela with an eye on October given how talented and deep bullpens can shorten games in the pressure-packed environment of the postseason. It is still facing an uphill battle but is well within striking distance at 3.5 games behind the Arizona Diamondbacks for the second wild-card spot and seven games behind the Chicago Cubs in the National League Central.Kela has appeared in four playoff games and sports a 1.93 ERA and 0.64 WHIP. Having someone like that waiting in the bullpen takes some of the responsibility off starters and creates a situation in which opponents may press if they fall behind early.Kela is just 25 years old, too.The Pirates made one of the more noteworthy additions of the trade deadline as they chase the Cubs Enos Slaughter Jersey , Diamondbacks and others in the National League playoff race. The New York Yankees may not make shortstop Manny Machado a priority in free agency after all.According to Andy Martino of SNY, the Bronx Bombers' baseball operations and scouting departments are "lukewarm" on signing Machado in light of his "postseason antics." Martino mentioned Machado's failure to run out multiple balls put in play and the idea that opponents think he plays the game in a dirty way as reasons why New York is "wary" of adding him on a long-term deal.Machado would be a natural on-field fit for the Yankees considering shortstop Didi Gregorius underwent Tommy Johnsurgeryand is expected to miss time during the 2019 campaign. He could slide into the vacated spot in the infield and provide offense and defense as a four-time All-Star and two-time Gold Glover.He slashed .297/.367/.538 with 37 home runs and 107 RBI as a member of the Baltimore Orioles and Los Angeles Dodgers during the 2018 campaign and helped the latter reach the World Series. He would also add another potent bat to a New York lineup that set a single-season record for team home runs with 267 during the 2018 campaign.However, Machado turned heads when he said of his perceived lack of hustle, perKen Rosenthalof The Athletic, "Obviously I'm not going to change. I'm not the type of player that's going to be 'Johnny Hustle' and run down the line and slide to first base and ... you know http://www.stlouiscardinalsteamshop.com/authentic-chris-carpenter-jersey , whatever can happen. That's just not my personality, that's not my cup of tea, that's not who I am."What's more, Milwaukee Brewers All-Star Christian Yelich called him "a dirty player" after he appeared to kick first baseman Jesus Aguilar's foot during a groundout in the National League Championship Series, perStephen Watsonof WISN.The incident sparked a clearing of the benches Kolten Wong Jersey , and Machado also made contact with the heel of Boston Red Sox first baseman Steve Pearce during a groundout in the World Series.The addition of Machado would make the Yankees all the more dangerous after an offensive explosion led to 100 wins during the regular season. He would help them challenge the champion Red Sox as well, but the front office is weighing concerns as the offseason kicks off.

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz