Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 117 mal aufgerufen
 Chatarchiv Absprachen, Sitzungen, Verhandlungen usw.
liny Offline

29.01.2019 07:54
New York Giants 53-man roster: Giants keep 4 QBs Antworten

on initial roster The New York Giants initial 53-man roster Womens Riley Dixon Jersey , one which could begin changing as soon as the waiver claiming period ends at noon on Sunday, is full of surprises. Including the fact that, for now, the Giants are keeping four quarterbacks.Let’s start with this from my Saturday afternoon Twitter mentions.Yes, umm, yes it does. Andrew Adams and Darian Thompson are out at safety. Chris Lewis-Harris, Leonard Johnson and Grant Haley are out at cornerback. Mark Herzlich, after years of seeming to hang on to his Giants career by a fingernail, is out. Roger Lewis Jr., whom we have been telling you for months was in trouble, is out. Giants roster cuts 2018: S Darian Thompson waived/injuredGiants roster cuts 2018: Linebacker Mark Herzlich reportedly releasedGiants roster cuts 2018: DL A.J. Francis among notable cutsGiants roster cuts 2018: Kalif Raymond out, Hunter Sharp likely punt returnerGiants roster cuts 2018: WR Roger Lewis, S Andrew Adams released“As I’ve said, I feel like we’re on the right track,” coach Pat Shurmur said in a statement released by the team. “We had a competitive training camp that forced us to make some tough decisions. We will continue to look to improve the roster in any way we can.“This day is never easy because you are dealing with people who have made a commitment to your program, and while we all understand the reality of the business we’re in, it doesn’t make it any easier. “When we started camp, I told the players that my hope for all of them is that if they don’t make our roster, I want them to make somebody else’s. So that’s my desire for the men we parted ways with today.”The Giants surprisingly kept all three backups for Eli Manning — Davis Webb, Kyle Lauletta and veteran Alex Tanney.Four undrafted rookies and first-year players (center Evan Brown, safety Sean Chandler, linebacker Tae Davis, and running back Robert Martin), plus defensive tackle Josh Banks, a second-year pro who was signed as a rookie free agent in 2017 and spent the entire season on injured reserve with a shoulder injury.The Giants can begin assembling a 10-man practice squad once at 1 p.m. ET on Sunday, an hour after the waiver period expires.Let’s go through the full 53-man roster and offer some initial thoughts.OffenseQuarterback (4) — Eli Manning, Davis Webb, Kyle Lauletta, Alex TanneyValentine’s View: Quarterback intrigue marked the final half-hour or so before the 4 p.m. roster deadline. There had been speculation all day that the Giants might be trying to get something in exchange for Tanney. As the deadline approached, there was speculation that the Giants were working the phones trying to find a taker for one of their young quarterbacks Authentic Dalvin Tomlinson Jersey , probably Webb.Even though Webb has been the No. 2 quarterback throughout camp, he wasn’t drafted by Shurmur and Dave Gettleman. He may also have more value than Lauletta right now because he is a second-year player. The roster will continue to evolve, and I can’t imagine that the Giants will keep four quarterbacks long-term. Something is going to give there.Running back (5) — Saquon Barkley, Wayne Gallman, Jonathan Stewart, Shane Smith, Robert MartinValentine’s View: For weeks we have been wondering if one of the Giants’ young running backs, probably former Rutgers Scarlet Knight Robert Martin, could play well enough to force the Giants to keep an additional running back. Turns out, that is exactly what happened. We had always wondered if the Giants would keep fullback Shane Smith. They did.Tight end (4) — Evan Engram, Rhett Ellison, Jerell Adams, Scott SimonsonValentine’s View: In my final 53-man roster projection I had Simonson making the cut. It makes sense purely because the Giants will be relying heavily on two-tight end sets in their offense. They are built to try to run, to try and control the clock with the run and the short passing game, then look for the home run ball. Simonson is a blocking tight end who might help them there.Wide receiver (5) — Odell Beckham Jr., Sterling Shepard, Cody Latimer, Russell Shepard, Hunter SharpValentine’s View: What happened here is precisely what we thought was going to happen. Russell Shepard made the roster because of his ability to help on special teams and as a receiver. Roger Lewis Jr., obviously not a favorite of the new Giants regime, has been cut. Hunter Sharp won the competition with Kalif Raymond to be a return man/reserve wide receiver.Offensive line (9) — Starters: Nate Solder (LT), Will Hernandez (LG), Jon Halapio (C), Patrick Omameh (RG), Ereck Flowers (RT); Reserves: John Greco, Chad Wheeler, John Jerry, C Evan BrownValentine’s View: I figured nine offensive linemen were going to make the roster. I just didn’t figure Brown, the undrafted rookie free agent center from SMU, was going to be the ninth. After the trade of Brett Jones Womens Sterling Shepard Jersey , though, it is logical because Brown is a pure center and the veteran Greco is a guard who can play center. I still believe this is an area where the Giants could look to free agency or the waiver wire in hopes of finding a veteran swing tackle. One of these backups, probably either Brown or Greco, might not be on the roster for long.DefenseDefensive line (5) — Starters: Damon Harrison, Dalvin Tomlinson, B.J. Hill; Reserves: Kerry Wynn, Josh BanksValentine’s View: Stunning. The addition of Banks to the roster rather than veteran defensive tackles A.J. Francis and Robert Thomas, both of whom I had making the roster, is one that came out of nowhere. I figured the Giants might choose between Francis and Thomas, but not cut both. And keeping Banks, a player who drew little attention during training camp or the preseason? Not sure anyone, including Banks, saw that coming. But, hey, having a guy on the roster with the last name Banks can’t be a bad thing, right?Linebackers (9) — Starters: Alec Ogletree, B.J. Goodson, Olivier Vernon, Kareem Martin; Reserves: Lorenzo Carter, Ray-Ray Armstrong, Connor Barwin, Tae Davis, Romeo OkwaraValentine’s View: Mark Herzlich’s surprisingly long run with the Giants is over. Calvin Munson is gone after a season. Not a real shock that Okwara made the roster. Shurmur has been praising him recently, and with Vernon’s status uncertain due to his ankle injury, Okwara could give them some pass rush presence. Davis played well in the preseason finale against the New England Patriots, but his addition to the roster is another of Saturday’s many surprises.Cornerbacks (4) — Starters: Janoris Jenkins, Eli Apple; Reserves: B.W. Webb, Donte Deayon, Valentine’s View: Whoa! You had the feeling all along that the Giants would be searching the waiver wire for help at corner, but I didn’t think the moves would be this extensive. Chris Lewis-Harris had seemed to play his way into a spot Authentic Evan Engram Jersey , but the Giants thought otherwise. They also moved on from veteran Leonard Johnson and undrafted rookie Grant Haley. I have to think Haley lands on the practice squad. I also wouldn’t be surprised if the Giants use their No. 2 waiver wire priority to add to this position.Safeties (5) — Starters: Landon Collins, Curtis Riley; Reserves: Michael Thomas, William Gay, Sean ChandlerValentine’s View: More big changes. Darian Thompson waived/injured and Andrew Adams also sent packing. The Giants chose to keep the 33-year-old Gay and the undrafted rookie Chandler. They know what they are looking for, and the skill sets of Thompson and Adams weren’t it. This is what happens when you go 3-13 and change regimes. I’m not sure I fully agree with cutting Adams, but he wasn’t James Bettcher’s cup of team and that’s that.Special teamsPlacekicker — Aldrick RosasPunter — Riley DixonLong-snapper — Zak DeOssieValentine’s View: No surprises. Rosas earned the placekicking job. I believe, though, that he will be on a short leash. Early struggles could send the Giants looking for a veteran upgrade.NFC East Roundup: Latest Eagles, Cowboys, Washington news Four weeks into the season and the New York Giants’ NFC East rivals are all sitting at two wins apiece. The divisional logjam is good news for the one-win Giants, with no team running away in the win column, but it also means all four teams are heading into a crucial month of the season. Here is what the Cowboys, Eagles and Washington are up to heading into their respective Week 5 matchups.Dallas Cowboys: The Cowboys’ Week 4 win over the Detroit Lions was the latest contest to feature a screen pass-turned-touchdown to Dallas running back Ezekiel Elliott. Blogging the Boys’ Michael Strawn breaks down this play that (almost) always works out in the Cowboys’ favor. Meanwhile, Tom Ryle takes a look at Dallas’ Week 5 injury report ahead of their meeting with the Houston Texans on Sunday night. Elliott was a full participant on Wednesday, while it appears linebacker Sean Lee is set to miss another game.Philadelphia Eagles: The defending Super Bowl champion Philadelphia Eagles have opened to a 2-2 start, not what the team was exactly expecting given the successes of a season ago. But three of the four teams in the NFC East hitting the two-win mark through three games.And, as Bleeding Green Nation’s Brandon Lee Gowton points out, a 2-2 start for Philadelphia has historically been a precursor for at least a playoff appearance, which means: Eagles fans, calm down. The Eagles are also modest, three-point home favorites against the Minnesota Vikings this week. The two teams’ injury reports can be found here.Washington: Washington had a bye in Week 4, which is good time to take stock of where the team stands. Hogs Haven’s Mark Tyler assesses the team’s studs and duds through their first three games. Running back Adrian Peterson is among the early standouts, while pricey cornerback Josh Norman lands in the ‘dud’ category, having recorded no passes defensed so far this year.Scott Jennings reports on a practice squad signing, with running back Mack Brown rejoining the team after a 2017 spent mostly with the Minnesota Vikings. With Rob Kelley sent to injured reserve and Kapri Bibbs thus called up to the 53-man roster, Washington needed a new practice squad back. Brown is the convenient choice, having spent 2015-2017 with the team.

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz