Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 135 mal aufgerufen
 OAM-Trainingslabor-Gästebuch
elaine95 Offline

30.01.2019 04:44
just wanted to win tonight Antworten

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Ruben Amaro Jr. had one of the best views in the house of a Boston Red Sox team on the brink of something special.Amaro just wished he could have stuck around another season as first base coach to watch the Red Sox play in the World Series.As he prepares to moonlight as an actor on the 1980-something sitcom “The Goldbergs Kevin Kiermaier Jersey ,” Amaro is keeping a close eye on his old ballclub.“It’s tough to watch and I’m absolutely rooting for them,” Amaro said Thursday. “I’d love to be a part of it. I still feel like a part of that family. You get close to the players, the people in the front office, the staff. I still email and text them regularly. No animosity toward the organization at all. Things have to change sometimes. It’s just unfortunate I’m not a part of it.”Amaro was caught up in an organizational shake up after manager John Farrell was fired and several coaches were let go at the end of 2017. The Red Sox moved on with manager Alex Cora and they are halfway to a World Series championship. The Red Sox lead 2-0 with Game 3 Friday in Los Angeles. The Dodgers need a win to avoid an 0-3 deficit that no World Series team has ever recovered from.Amaro said the difference between last season’s 93-win team and this season has been the acquisition of J.D. Martinez, who blossomed into an MVP candidate who helped Boston win a franchise-record 108 games.“The one thing we did lack last year was a J.D. Martinez-type,” Amaro said. “Alex has done a really nice job and they’ve responded real well to him so you have to give some kudos to him, too.”Amaro spent this season coaching the New York Mets in his third season on the field after a lengthy career in Philadelphia. Amaro rose from team batboy in 1980-83 to playing for the Phillies for five seasons in the 1990s. He spent 10 seasons as assistant general manager and became GM once Pat Gillick retired after the Phillies won the 2008 World Series. Amaro was in charge when the Phillies won the 2009 NL pennant, three division titles and most wins in franchise history (102) in 2011. He was fired in 2015.He’s considered a front office comeback.“I itch at times to get that opportunity again. Don’t know if it will ever happen,” he said. “I do have some interest in doing that. But now that I’m back on the field, you get that other itch to consider the possibility of doing some managing.”The Baltimore Orioles and Texas Rangers are the only teams with managerial vacancies, a role coaching with the Red Sox got him closer to chasing.“The important element of that was to get a much better understanding on the ground level of analytics and the role it plays in baseball,” Amaro said. “There’s a lot of good people over there in that area that I got a chance to be around and be able to utilize their information for my job.”Amaro may be rooting for the Red Sox over LA — but he’s ready for his close up in Hollywood.It’s a familiar role: Amaro will again play his father http://www.raysfanproshop.com/authentic-alex-cobb-jersey , who spent 58 years in the game, most of them with the Phillies, on “The Goldbergs.” Show creator Adam F. Goldberg attended William Penn Charter High School where Amaro Jr. was a star athlete, and 30 years later has been incorporated into the semi-autobiographical ABC show. Amaro was the captain of 1987 national champion Stanford baseball team while Goldberg was at Penn Charter. But stretching creative license, they are friends and attend school at the same time on the show. Amaro plays his father for the second time in Wednesday’s episode, “Fiddler.”Amaro Sr. died at 81 in 2017 after a long battle with cancer.“Being able to pay homage is pretty special. My dad battled cancer for about 30 years and toward the end of his life he struggled with it,” Amaro said. “It was neat for me to play … well, not to get too sappy about it, but it made me pretty emotional.”He’s more prepared for a second act in the front office — just like he was on “The Goldbergs.”“It was a little easier the second time around. My first time I only had one line and it took 20 takes to get it,” he said, laughing. BOSTON (AP) — Cleveland pitcher Shane Bieber was sure to thank fellow rookie Greg Allen for making his debut at Fenway Park a successful one.The rare times Bieber made a mistake, Allen was there to cover — no matter the distance — with a pair of catches in deep center field that helped the Indians beat the Boston Red Sox 6-3 Tuesday night.“He does it night after night. It’s incredible Wade Boggs Jersey ,” Bieber said of Allen. “You can’t really count him out. He’s so fast and gets such good jumps and has such a good feel for playing the outfield, he’s always got a chance.”Allen, who hit a go-ahead home run in the seventh inning to beat Boston on Monday, came back to double, single and drive in a run.But he made the biggest impact in this matchup of AL division leaders with his glove.First, Allen raced back and slammed into the padded wall to take away an extra-base hit from Xander Bogaerts leading off the fifth inning.Then, with the Red Sox trying to rally in the seventh, Allen again came through.The Red Sox had already scored once to make it 5-1 and had two on with no outs when Mitch Moreland hit a long drive toward the dirt triangle way bakc in center.Allen slid to a stop as he caught the ball over his shoulder — it was a sacrifice fly and finished Bieber, but thwarted Boston’s momentum.“That dude’s like a ballhog out there. He wants everything,” said catcher Yan Gomes, whose solo homer in the eighth also helped simmer down the Boston fans.Bieber (7-2) took a shutout in the seventh. He went 6 1-3 innings, allowing three runs on five hits. He struck out five and didn’t walk a batter.Melky Cabrera homered for the second straight game and Yan Gomes also connected for Cleveland http://www.raysfanproshop.com/authentic-wilson-ramos-jersey , which improved to 15-4 in August.Boston, with the best record in the majors, has lost three in a row for just the second time this season.“We’re not swinging the bat well right now,” manager Alex Cora said.Down 5-0, Boston scored three times in the seventh. Brad Hand got his 25th save.Gomes singled home Cabrera early, and hit a solo homer in the eighth.Nathan Eovaldi (5-5) had been 2-0 in four starts for the Red Sox since coming over from Tampa Bay in a trade at the deadline, but took his first loss with Boston.CLEVELAND’S ROCKINGThe Indians have won nine of 10, including the first two of the four-game series at Fenway Park.Manager Terry Francona said it’s great to see young players like Bieber and Allen, who extended his hitting streak to 14, play so well in a big series, but it’s still the regular season.“We just wanted to win tonight. That’s all,” Francona said.FIRST LOSSEovaldi went 5 1-3 innings Mallex Smith Jersey , allowing four runs on 10 hits and a walk. He struck out two.“They were just able to string hits together,” Eovaldi said. “I need to do a better job of executing my pitches when I’m ahead in the count. I felt like they were just able to work counts and find a way to get the job done.”TRAINER’S ROOMIndians: DH Edwin Encarnacion, out since Aug. 12 with a right wrist contusion, could be activated from the DL Thursday for the last of the four-game series. Francona said Encarnacion is close, but the Indians won’t rush to get him back in the lineup.“He’s doing so good that we just want to do the right thing,” Francona said.Red Sox: LHP Eduardo Rodriguez (right ankle ligament) will likely make one more rehabilitation start before returning to the club, Cora said. Rodriguez threw four scoreless innings four Double-A Portland on Monday.UP NEXTIndians: RHP Carlos Carrasco (15-6, 3.33 ERA) pitched seven scoreless innings Friday against Baltimore while winning his 15th start of the season.Red Sox: LHP Brian Johnson (4-3, 4.00) has won three of his last four starts as makes his first career appearance against Cleveland.

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz