Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 129 mal aufgerufen
 OAM-Trainingslabor-Gästebuch
laiyongcai92 Offline

31.01.2019 08:00
The glory days with the Mets Antworten

NEW YORK (AP) — Enos Slaughter Jersey , those are still fresh for Matt Harvey: Pitching in the World Series, hearing the chants at Citi Field, becoming the Dark Knight.So are the bad times: Suspended for failing to show up at the park, getting hit hard, being banished to the bullpen.“I remember a lot of cheers,” the former ace said. “I do remember some boos.”Traded to Cincinnati for catcher Devin Mesoraco on May 8, Harvey returned Monday to the stadium he once ruled. He’s not scheduled to pitch in the three-game series.“That was interesting, not pulling into the players’ lot,” he said.A 45-second video tribute to Harvey before the game drew a mixed reaction from the crowd. It ended with the message “Thank you Matt” as both Reds and Mets players applauded.Sitting in the dugout, Harvey waved to a camera and tipped his hat.“I want people to know I do regret a lot of mistakes I made,” the 29-year-old said earlier, adding, “Obviously http://www.stlouiscardinalsteamshop.com/authentic-chris-carpenter-jersey , I never wished it ended like that.”As Harvey walked into short left field for pregame throwing with other Reds pitchers, a small cluster of fans called to him.“Dark Knight!” a couple shouted.Harvey’s rise to stardom was meteoric, even by New York standards.Promoted to the majors in 2012, he started the All-Star Game at Citi Field the next year. That same season, there was a memorable night when he outpitched Washington ace Stephen Strasburg and Mets fans kept chanting “Harvey’s better!”By then, the hard-throwing Harvey was already a fixture in the tabloids, dating models, rooting on the Rangers at Madison Square Garden and living the New York life.His zenith came in 2015, when his two playoff wins helped put the Mets in the World Series. The ballpark never sounded louder when he took the mound in the ninth inning of Game 5 with a 2-0 lead over Kansas City.“The highs definitely took things to a different level,” he said.But after a walk and a hit, it all fell apart for the Mets, and Harvey. The Royals rallied to tie it, and eventually won in the 12th to take the crown.After that Kolten Wong Jersey , Harvey was never quite the same.Having missed the entire 2014 season while recovering from Tommy John surgery, he became beset by injuries. Surgery for thoracic outlet syndrome, shoulder trouble and other ailments added up, and took their toll.“I definitely gave it my all, and my body definitely couldn’t handle it,” he said.Harvey said the struggles and frustration and frequent injuries mounted so much, there was a time “I really didn’t know I was going to continue playing the game.”Harvey mentioned the mistakes he made a couple times, without detailing them. But after starting out 0-2 with a 7.00 ERA in four starts and four relief appearances this year, the Mets had seen enough.Three months ago, they traded him.“There was a lot of tears, a lot of sadness. It was tough,” he said.Harvey has resurrected himself, somewhat Trevor Rosenthal Jersey , with the last-place Reds. He’s 5-5 with a 4.79 ERA in 15 starts for Cincinnati, and there’s talk that he might get traded before Sept. 1 to a playoff contender.“I just think I needed to throw and be out there and pitch,” he said. “I appreciate the Reds organization for giving me a chance.”Harvey said he felt “a lot of different emotions” returning to Citi Field. He’s close with Mets catcher Kevin Plawecki, among other former teammates.“Had such good memories here,” he said.Cincinnati interim manager Jim Riggleman said Harvey started with a clean slate when he joined the Reds.“You hear stories, but that was so far from anything that would’ve concerned us,” Riggleman said. He described Harvey’s performance on and off the field as “top flight.”And Riggleman predicted more of those special moments are in Harvey’s future.“He’s still recovering,” Riggleman said. “He may be better next year.” SAN DIEGO — While the Dodgers, Rockies and Diamondbacks are spending the final two weeks of the regular season battling for the National League West title and possibly a wild-card berth, the division’s other two teams will be meeting each other six times for absolutely nothing.Half of the San Francisco Giants‘ final 12 games will be played against the San Diego Padres, starting with a three-game series opening Monday at Petco Park. The bottom two teams in the NL West will then meet again at AT&T Park on Sept. 24-26.Both the Padres and Giants could still play a role in deciding who goes to the playoffs. The Padres have three games remaining with the Dodgers in Los Angeles and host the Arizona Diamondbacks for the final three games of the season.Article continues below ...The Giants are not a wild-card contender and they face St. Louis Sept. 21-23 and finish the season by hosting the arch-rival Dodgers in San Francisco.But there is almost nothing to decide in the six games behind the Padres and Giants — they are going to finish fourth and fifth in the division … and even that is all but settled. The Giants lead the Padres by exactly 10 games with 12 to play.The Giants hold an 8-5 edge in their head-to-head with the Padres thus far, although the teams have split the first six games played at Petco Park.Monday night’s series opener will match Padres right-hander Bryan Mitchell (1-3, 6.07 earned run average) against Giants left-hander Andrew Suarez (6-11 http://www.stlouiscardinalsteamshop.com/authentic-jedd-gyorko-jersey , 4.33 ERA).Mitchell is enjoying something of a second season in his first campaign as a Padre.A member of the Opening Day rotation, the 27-year-old, acquired from the Yankees last offseason, got off to a horrible start and was dispatched after only seven starts — Mitchell was 0-3 with a 6.47 ERA — to the bullpen. Among his seven starts over the season’s first five weeks was a three-inning outing against the Giants during which he gave up three runs on four hits and five walks with two strikeouts.After losing his spot in the rotation, Mitchell had five appearances as the long man in the Padres’ bullpen, where he allowed 15 runs in 16 1/3 innings for an 8.27 ERA and a 2.08 WHIP. On June 20, Mitchell was placed on the 10-day disabled list with an elbow issue. Some thought he was done for the season.But he was re-activated Sept. 3, and in two starts since has allowed two earned runs on six hits and five walks with four strikeouts in 11 innings in his second- and third-best outings of the season. He has a 1.64 ERA and a 1.00 WHIP since returning.Meanwhile, the 26-year-old Suarez will make his 27th start of the season Monday night. This will be his third start of the season against the Padres — and his first at Petco Park. Suarez is 0-0 with a 2.13 ERA after the first two outings, allowing three earned runs in 12 2/3 innings.Suarez has allowed 75 runs (70 earned) during his rookie season on 147 hits and 39 walks with 121 strikeouts in 145 1/3 innings. He has a .268 opponents’ batting average and a 1.29 WHIP. He is 2-6 on the road this season with a 5.73 ERA in 13 starts. He has a .311 opponents’ batting average on the road with a 1.58 WHIP.Left-handed hitters are batting only .222 against Suarez while right-handers are hitting .284 with 21 homers. Much of the Padres power is from the right-handed side.

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz