Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 128 mal aufgerufen
 Chatarchiv Absprachen, Sitzungen, Verhandlungen usw.
liny Offline

15.02.2019 07:47
The New York Giants offense has more than its share of problems. Antworten

They can’t run the ball http://www.giantsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-connor-barwin-jersey , their pass protection is a shambles, the passing game is inconsistent at best, and Eli Manning is in decline and not able to consistently play at the level he needs to in order to lift the offense above its deficiencies. But of all their problems, perhaps the biggest — and most surprising — is the offense’s inability to score when they are in the red zone. Despite being loaded for bear with explosive playmakers, the Giants struggle to score touchdowns when they get within 20 yards of the endzone. All the more frustrating, the team fielded one of the best red zone offenses in 2017, despite being without Odell Beckham Jr, Saquon Barkley, and Sterling Shepard battling injury all year. It’s a problem the Giants need to fix over their bye week, if they can just figure out how.“Definitely frustrating,” Saquon Barkley said, “we love our kicker to death, but we have to find a way to put six points on the board more times that we did in the game. That’s something, during this little stretch, that we haven’t been able to do. It’s something we have to start doing.”Pat ShurmurAs the architect of the offense http://www.giantsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-b.j.-goodson-jersey , it will fall to Shurmur to figure out how to fix their red zone woes. “On offense, we’ve got to score more points,” he said in his opening remarks. “Until we unlock that, until we get down there and score touchdowns, then it’s going to be tough sledding, so that’s where it is. You can’t score 13 points in any game at any level and expect to win them. We’ve got to unlock that, we’ve got to get that better. Whatever it is, we’ve got to get that figured out. We’ve got to put the ball in the end zone more often.”Evan EngramEngram was the biggest reason for the Giants’ success in the red zone in 2017, but this season he has been a non-factor. Between changes in his usage, his injury, and then some bad drops, Engram hasn’t been able to follow up his impressive rookie campaign. That doesn’t mean he isn’t trying to help his team succeed.“Our mentality is to score every drive,” tight end Evan Engram said, “no matter if we’re backed up in their territory or in our territory. Our mentality is to drive down and score. We didn’t want to live with anymore field goals. We want to end stuff in the end zone. We just gotta keep working at that and just keep getting better at that. There’s no doubt in our minds. We know what we are capable of. We just gotta get it done.” Odell Beckham Jr. While Barkley has taken the NFL by storm and quickly established himself as one of the league’s premier playmaking running backs, Odell Beckham is still the Giants’ most dynamic playmaker Womens Odell Beckham Jr Jersey , and has been their most prolific scorer since his rookie season. But even he is at a loss to put his finger on why the Giants can’t finish drives with touchdowns. Beckham said, “I don’t have an answer for that. It doesn’t make sense. I feel like we should be doing better and we’re not. This is where we’re at. When we get down in the red zone, we have to score.” “Just keep working,” he added, when asked what the team can do to fix the problem, “that’s all you can do. Score in the red zone, there is a lot of things we can do, we just have to go out and do it.” Beckham wouldn’t say that he is frustrated with the offense, but did say that he is ready and willing for the Giants to put more on his plate.“It’s definitely not where I want it [the offense] to be,” he said, “it’s definitely not what I envisioned this team being. ...If there is any frustration, that’s where the frustration comes in. All I want to do is come in and do whatever I can to help this team win. I know I have more in me, I’m ready to do that.”Post-game quotebook: What the Giants were saying after Sunday’s loss to Jacksonville What were the New York Giants and Jacksonville Jaguars saying after Sunday’s 20-15 loss by the Giants in the season-opening game for both teams? Let’s find out.Saquon Barkley on his touchdown ...“It was amazing; it was a great feeling, but it was a feeling that came and went. One touchdown is not going to win the game, and that touchdown didn’t win the game this week Womens Janoris Jenkins Jersey , but to get in there, it was a dream come true to find the end zone. I did keep the ball, but it was just like ‘Move on, next play’, and find a way to get in there again.”Barkley on the fourth-down run where he came up short ...“Fourth-and-one is always tough to get, especially when you have a defense like that. Fourth-and-one mentality is you have to get it no matter what by any-means-necessary. I jumped and I thought I had it, I thought I did enough to keep the sticks moving, but I didn’t and that is something where there’s no excuses that I’m a young player, and I have to realize how important that is.”Jacksonville coach Doug Marrone on Barkley ...“We knew he was a really good player coming in. It’s one of those games where you feel like you’re doing a good job, you’ve got a lot of population to the football, you got a lot of people trying to bring him down. Then all of a sudden, bam! He breaks that, whatever it was, 68-yard run ... he’s a heck of a player.”Jacksonville’s Calais Campbell on Barkley ...“I knew right away. The first run and the first couple of times I tackled him, I said Womens Landon Collins Jersey , “this kid has something.” Obviously, you see it on tape, but we didn’t get to watch a lot of tape on him. It’s his college tape. Coming into the NFL against a team like ours, and making some of the plays he made, that kid’s going to be special. I traded jerseys with him after the game because I was like, “Okay, if he can stay healthy, he might one day be a Hall of Famer. So now, I’ll get his jersey when he’s young.”Landon Collins on the play of the defense ...“... we were playing a good offense and their run game is very hard to protect and we were playing good against it so we can definitely build on top of that and just make sure we get the communication right and on the same page as always.Brad Penner-USA TODAY SportsOdell Beckham Jr. on his matchup with Jalen Ramsey ...“He’s like a brother to me, we kicked it over the offseason, we talked back and forth. He’s a competitor, I’m a competitor, I love the way he plays, I love everything about his game. It was fun to go out there and compete against, if not the Womens Curtis Riley Jersey , one of the best in the league, hands down.”Ramsey on facing Beckham ...“Like I said on Thursday when I was talking to the media, that’s not what it was about. I was shocked when you make it just about me and Odell. It was 11 vs. 11. I knew I would be on him a fair amount, but I wasn’t on him 100% of the time and I knew it was going to take all 11 guys on the defense to get the job done so that’s what we did out here and we got a good win.Janoris Jenkins on building off the loss ...“I think we all can build off of it—defense, offense and special teams. Once we get in the film room, we’ll see what critiques we have to make and we’re just going to come out and keep hustling every day.”Pat Shurmur on the struggles of the offensive line ...“We battled a really good defense. You’re looking at a top-10 defense and we battled them and I thought they fought throughout the game. We can probably all point to individual bad plays by everyone, me included, so I feel like they battled and we’ve just got to go back and correct the mistakes that maybe showed up and get ready to play Dallas.”Shurmur on Beckham’s return ...“I thought he competed throughout, put him in a lot of different situations and I think it’s a good idea to throw him the ball. We threw to him a lot and he made a lot of plays.”Jacksonville quarterback Blake Bortles asked if he thought he was going to score on his 41-yard run ...“No, not once. This isn’t high school. There was no way. I got 30 yards, then the hamstrings locked up and it was time to get out of bounds.”

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz