Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 118 mal aufgerufen
 OAM-Trainingslabor-Gästebuch
elaine95 Offline

24.04.2019 04:33
ding up chemistry,” Mangiapane said.“Every day you’ve just got to keep proving yourself though. I think I belong here, but it’s Antworten

BUFFALO http://www.officialknightsproshop.com/authentic-adidas-brad-hunt-jersey , N.Y. (AP) Rasmus Dahlin wasn’t kidding about how hockey has become his sole obsession.No more than an hour after completing his introductory news conference in Buffalo on Monday, the NHL’s No. 1 overall draft pick had already changed into a yellow Sabres practice uniform and, with stick in hand, was on his way to hit the ice with a number of fellow prospects.Finally, after a monthlong pre-draft process of interviews, testing and cross-country travel that culminated in hearing his name called first from the podium in Dallas on Friday, Dahlin was back in his element.”I used to play some golf and hang out with friends, but, yeah, I love to play hockey and that’s my 100 percent thing I usually do,” the 18-year-old Swedish defenseman said. ”I’m a pretty boring guy.”Off the ice, maybe.On the ice, Dahlin is considered anything but boring with a heads-up, smooth-skating and play-making style that has already drawn comparisons to elite Swedish defensemen such as Ottawa Senators captain Erik Karlsson and former Detroit Red Wings star Nicklas Lidstrom.In Buffalo, he’s already captured the imagination of a win-starved base of fans, many of whom started submitting orders for Dahlin’s No. 26 Sabres jersey moments after he formally pulled one on to close the news conference.And yet, amid the buzz Dahlin has generated since the Sabres won the NHL draft lottery in April Cody Eakin Jersey , it’s unrealistic to presume one player alone can turn around a franchise that has finished last in three of the past five years, not made the playoffs since 2011 and not won a playoff series since 2007.”I don’t actually think that way,” Dahlin said of whether he feels the weight of expectations on his 6-foot-2, 181-pound frame. ”I’ll bring everything I can to this team and, yeah, try to win hockey games. That’s what I think about.”General manager Jason Botterill was quick to interject once Dahlin completed his answer.”He doesn’t need to be the savior,” Botterill said, before listing the talented young group of players already on Buffalo’s roster, including forward Jack Eichel.”Look, we certainly have to have better results on the ice,” he said. ”But we’re certainly excited to bring Rasmus into our core group here and how they can grow together.”On a day dedicated to Dahlin, Botterill struck an upbeat tone in steering away most questions that featured any hint of negativity.Concerns still abound for Botterill entering his second summer on the job.The Sabres have no established depth in goal after last week’s decision to not re-sign third-year starter Robin Lehner.Offense remains an issue on a team that’s not had a player score 30 goals or 70 points since Jason Pominville in 2011-12, during his first stint in Buffalo.Their payroll structure is out of balance for a losing team, with six players set to make a base salary of $5 million or more, including Eichel, whose eight-year, $80 million contract kicks in this season.Culture remains a question after center Ryan O’Reilly suggested the team adopted a losing mindset last season.Rather than worry how a gloomy culture might affect newcomers such as Dahlin Youth Colin Miller Jersey , Botterill is counting on Buffalo’s youngsters to begin changing the atmosphere.”We’re not expecting them to lead the room, but we’re expecting them to bring their positive attributes, their competitiveness to that group,” Botterill said.”It’s what we challenged our players at the end of the season. They had to change how they trained. They had to change how they approach the games,” he added. ”The beauty of the National Hockey League is that you can make adjustments, you can make jumps in the standings fairly quickly.”Botterill chuckled when Dahlin said he was already looking forward to playing Buffalo’s cross-border rival Toronto next season.”The question was asked to me before about changing the culture, changing our results on the ice,” Botterill said. ”That’s what we need to bring, players who are very competitive, who want to make a difference.”NOTES: The Sabres will open a four-day rookie development camp Wednesday. … Botterill says the Sabres won’t buy out the final year of Matt Moulson’s contract, but adds the veteran forward won’t play in Buffalo. Moulson spent most of last season on loan to AHL Ontario.— CALGARY, Alberta (AP) — Calgary’s fourth-line forwards provided all the offense the Flames needed against the Ottawa Senators.Andrew Mangiapane, Garnet Hathaway and Derek Ryan combined on Calgary’s second and third goals of the night in a 5-1 win over the Senators on Thursday night.Mangiapane and Hathaway each had a goal and an assist. Ryan assisted on both goals.“They’re tenacious,” Flames coach Bill Peters said. “That line is doing everything right. In all three zones, they’re doing things right.”Mark Giordano scored Calgary’s league-leading 18th short-handed goal.Matthew Tkachuk had a goal and an assist and Mikael Backlund also scored for the Flames.Mike Smith made 18 saves for the win in a game pitting the top team in the West against the team with the worst record in the East.Calgary opened up a five-point gap on San Jose atop the Pacific Division. The Sharks dropped a 4-2 decision to Los Angeles on Thursday.The Flames and Sharks clinched playoff berths earlier this week.Dylan DeMelo gave the Senators (25-43-6) a brief 1-0 lead in the first period. Craig Anderson turned away 31 shots in the loss.Ottawa dropped to 3-6-1 since Marc Crawford took over for the fired Guy Boucher on March 1.Crawford said Calgary didn’t play a great game, but played the right way.“They stop in the right places, they move the puck the right way Calvin De Haan Jersey Womens , they support each other the right way, and their fundamentals stopping at the net at both ends are something that we’ve got to get to,” Crawford said.“We still make a few too many mistakes both on possession and turning the puck over in inopportune places.”Mangiapane scored his second goal in as many games, taking a cross-ice pass from Ryan and scoring over Anderson’s glove nine minutes into the second period.Mangiapane started the season with Calgary’s AHL affiliate in Stockton, California.The 22-year-old from Bolton, Ontario, has seen his ice time increase in the last six weeks as he and his linemates have become key contributors.“It helps when you’re playing with two great guys and building up chemistry,” Mangiapane said.“Every day you’ve just got to keep proving yourself though. I think I belong here, but it’s still a day-to-day job. Work hard in practice, work hard in the game and good things will happen.”Mangiapane, Ryan and Hathaway capitalized on an Ottawa turnover in Calgary’s zone in the first period. The trio rushed the puck up ice and Hathaway finished with a tap-in for a 2-1 lead.“It was a pretty play and I was lucky enough to be at the end of it,” Hathaway said. “Pretty much whenever we’re on the ice, we know what the right play is.“We’re not guessing. You don’t have to guess where the other guy is going to be. You don’t have to throw away the puck. You can control it. You get a little more confidence as you do that and can build off it.”Giordano’s short-handed goal that pulled Calgary even in the opening period was his seventh point in six games.NOTES: Sean Monahan (illness) and Sam Bennett (upper-body injury) returned to Calgary’s lineup after missing two games, but Bennett did not play the third period. … Giordano moved into second in all-time games played as a member of the Flames (827), behind Jarome Iginla (1,219). … Senators forward Jean-Gabriel Pageau served a one-game suspension Thursday for boarding Canucks defenseman Ashton Sautner on Wednesday.UP NEXTSenators: At Edmonton on Saturday.Flames: At Vancouver on Saturday.

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz