Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 151 mal aufgerufen
 Medien, Schule, Beruf, Unterhaltung pp.
hongwei28 Offline

15.05.2019 05:34
www.thetexanslockerroom.com Antworten

I wanted to put a SNOT together about this for a while Greg Mancz Jersey White , but there was Sunday Night football on Saturday Night, NFL playoff games, and weekends when I didn’t get back in time. So here it is. My ten favorite CDs from last year along with some things I consumed that I loved. 10.) Jeff Tweedy: WARMSuffering is the same for everyone/He was right but I was wrong to agreeSocial media shares, likes, and RTs, have taught me the white male doesn’t have anything interesting to say. His stories are all already out there. There is nothing new for them to say. This is as white male as it gets. An old folk man and his guitar. It’s really pretty, and made me think. I should have been a baseball writer. 9.) Freddie Gibbs: Freddie(no lyrics, this is a family website)There’s always one-two lines of like five songs that make every Freddie album perfect. This one does it again. The aesthetics of it are also perfect. 8) Earl Sweatshirt: Some Rap SongsTold him/It’s a feelin’ Blast off, buckshot into my ceilin’/Why ain’t nobody tell me I was bleedin’?I just like the way it sounds. Fuzzy and full of samples. The rap songs are produced in grime and are slimy, contorted, and buzzy. 7.) Drug Church: CheerFirst time in dress shoes, and you slip/New guy puts his thumb in the petri dishThe end of the year lists took me to this place. That second whirring guitar. I’m never showering again. 6.) Daughters: You Won’t Get What You WantI have no idea how they make the sounds they make for this album, but they did it. They somehow find melodies in clashing trash cans and cats pouncing into dumpsters. This album is assurance that it’s way out there, it’s there, whenever I want to leave this. I don’t know what to say when people come undone/The road is dark Joel Heath Jersey , the road is long5.) Joyce Manor: Million Dollars To Kill MeDon’t you ever feel lonely/baby I’ve been lonely my whole lifeAhhh adulthood. Joyce Manor has gone from writing short loud and fast songs to writing short pretty and nice songs. And I love it. These dudes are in their 30s now. Damn it would be so lame if they kept writing about heated swimming pools at house parties and leather jackets. This is adult punk. I love it. 4.) Jeff Rosenstock: POSTDumbfounded, downtrodden and dejected/Crestfallen, grief-stricken and exhausted/ Trapped in my room while the house was burnin’Regardless of how you felt about the 2016 election (no politics), this album is a perfect encapsulation of how a lot of people felt. No matter how you felt, it’s how a lot of people felt. It’s loud and fast, angry and bitter, beautiful and soothing. And it came out of nowhere on January 1st, 2018. Surprise!3.) Turnstile: Time & SpaceI got something in the way/I’m losing hold on reality/And it all falls into place/But I’ll die slow if I can’t escapeThis album added 15 pounds to my max. Instant gains. It’s audible Creatine. They also put on the best LIVE show I’ve ever seen. The sleeves on my shirts still haven’t grown back. They’re going on tour with Turnover this spring. Go see it. 2.) Foxing: Nearer My God“So we’ve only just begun to live”/I’m wasting my life on youThis is the best album I listened to last year. The drops on some of these songs. The apocalyptic undertone. A combination of EDM, R&B, and 1990s alternative, it just slaps bro. And I love how it ends with a song The National wished they could write. 1.) The Sidekicks: Happiness HoursNo thanks, no, it’s not late, I’m not straight edge/Just already have a headacheI didn’t realize how I angry I was last year until I thought about the music I loved. Loud and fast and brutal. I haven’t been this angsty since like 2014. I needed this album. I needed something pretty and songs about summer and silly adult children hanging by a screen door youth. I needed something I could really run to and fill me up and show me that, yeah D.J. Reader Jersey White , life is really pretty and interesting again. Other things I liked: Canada’s National Park System (too many roads but overall very pretty and very friendly), Ken Burns’s The Vietnam War (I cried like twenty times last summer watching it), Desert Oracle (listen to the pod, buy the quarterly), stair climber, pine nuts, books by Gerald Murnane, the Sonoran Desert, concerts where they play an entire album, and The Sopranos (it’s the funniest show of all time). Anyways, that’s all I got. The rest of the floor is yours to talk about whatever, Texans related or not. Just remember the standard commenting rules apply. There was supposedly someone in Houston who thought Brian Hoyer was worth a second round pick."I’ve always struggled to trust NFL front offices. They are full of humans, and humans are remarkably prone to mistakes for a variety of reasons, whether because of bias or self-preservation.It’s important to remember that no one is perfect. However, this doesn’t mean that people should get a pass for some pretty questionable errors. Let’s take a look at two such instances that have emerged in the news today. The first one is Texans related http://www.thetexanslockerroom.com/authentic-nick-martin-jersey , and seeing as this is a Texans related blog, I thought we might start with this anecdote from the really fun deep dive that ESPN’s Seth Wickersham did on the dysfunction within the Cleveland Browns over the past few years. The story as a whole is filled with really dumb Cleveland things like owner Jimmy Haslem developing something of a dislike for Teddy Bridgewater during the pre-draft process in 2014 over something fairly unusual: Who knows what turned Haslem off Bridgewater?Maybe he thought his hands were too small.Wickersham’s report is full of really stupid things like this, all of which are hilarious to read if you’re not a Browns fan.Well, almost all of it is funny to read.There is one particular passage in the story that’s kind of hard to read as a Texans fan.Recall how the offseason between the 2013 and 2014 seasons was after Matt Schaub’s collapse.There was a fair amount of bluster about the Texans needing to find a quarterback to build around for the future. The Texans did have the first overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft but decided to select Jadeveon Clowney, leaving the QB slot still open. At the same time, the Browns were also in the market for a quarterback despite having Brian Hoyer on their roster. Shockingly, Hoyer’s presence wasn’t enough to keep the Browns from selecting Johnny Manziel with one of their first round picks. Manziel’s selection apparently prompted the Texans to ring up the Browns to inquire about the availability of Brian Hoyer, who we all know O’Brien was familiar with from their days in New England: The proposed trade was allegedly struck down by then Browns GM Ray Farmer, who was in his first year in the big chair; Farmer supposedly felt pressured by owner Jimmy Haslem to draft Manziel and wanted to assert his authority on the decision making process, so he rejected the Texans’ offer of a second round pick for Hoyer. The Browns rejected a second-round pick for Brian Hoyer.If not for an internal power struggle, the Texans would have given a second round pick (likely the 33rd overall selection that became Xavier Su’a-Filo) to acquire Brian Hoyer. There’s a more passionate and less rational version of me that would be swearing with gusto right now, but it’s been replaced by a sense of numbness, like I’ve been hit in the face with a frying pan. Maybe if I took a frying pan to the face I’d lose the required amount of brain cells ito start to think that this proposed trade was ever a good idea for the Texans. This is the past though, right? It didn’t happen! All of the people in the Texans’ front office who could have had a hand in this are probably gone now! Wait, the Texans’ head coach is still here? YOU’RE DAMN RIGHT HE IS! WAS BRIAN HOYER A FORMER QUARTERBACK BILL O’BRIEN WORKED WITH IN NEW ENGLAND?YES Andre Hal Jersey White , JUST LIKE RYAN MALLETT!WAS HOYER A GUY O’BRIEN WANTED TO COACH AGAIN? YOU’RE DAMN RIGHT HE WAS!DID O’BRIEN AND HOYER EVENTUALLY REUNITE IN HOUSTON A YEAR LATER, WITH THE MARRIAGE EVENTUALLY CULMINATING IN PERHAPS THE WORST QB PERFORMANCE OF ALL-TIME IN A PLAYOFF GAME?OF COURSE!Even now with Deshaun Watson firmly ensconced as the Texans’ quarterback of the present and future, never forget that somewhere, lurking deep within the bowels of NRG Park, are individuals (some of them in prominent positions) who looked at the idea of trading a second round pick for Brian Hoyer and thought, “Yeah, seems legit.”Never forget.Our second story is actually something I can kind of relate to. I dislike math.Like, I try to avoid it at every turn in my life.I don’t speak numbers, I speak Ame - I mean, English! Apparently a certain section of NFL executives share my distrust of nerds with numbers. Per Tony Pauline of DraftAnalyst.com, there are some front office executives who don’t like this whole ‘‘analytics stuff’’:‘‘LEMME TELL YOU A LITTLE SUMTHIN’ ABOUT THIS HERE GAME OF FUTBAW, YOU SWEATY NERD. IT AIN’T WON BY TAPPIN’ AWAY ON THAT THERE LAPTOP.IT’S WON BY MEN WHO LEAD!MEN WHO LOVE RUNNING THE OKLAHOMA DRILL!MEN WHO EAT THE TURF SO THAT THE POWERS OF THE FUTBAW FIELD MIGHT IMBUE THEM WITH SOME SUPERNATURAL CONNECTION TO THE FUTBAW GODS THEMSELVES!’’ The reason I bring this up is that Wickersham’s article makes it clear that current Browns general manager John Dorsey is not a particularly big fan of the analytical movement, as evidenced by the lead up to the 2018 NFL Draft:Jokes aside, it’s important to acknowledge that this is a section of the NFL Front Office communities and not a referendum on how the entire NFL treats analytics. Teams like the Eagles have embraced analytics and the advantage the data can give to teams. I don’t like math, but the information analytics provides is too useful to ignore.It provides you with a valuable way of understanding the game. Is it the be all Jeff Allen Jersey White , end all of evaluation? Of course not. There are things stats and analytics can’t quite quantify yet; they are getting there, but there is always going to be a need for context based on game tape and the experience of working in a role and understanding what kind of things have worked before. These things can coexist. I understand where individuals from the scouting community are coming from, though. Their careers have often been built around experience, knowledge, and learning to trust what they can perceive.Stats can appear to cut against that because they attempt to explain things in a different way from what scouts are used to. There are two different paths to the same destination; it’s just one is so drastically different to the minds of those who take the other path, so there is a natural unease about it. Furthermore, you could almost understand the distrust.What if the other path is the objectively better one? What will happen to the people who tread the other path? Will they get left behind? This refusal to try new things is dumb, but I understand the irrational behaviour behind it. The problem as always is that no way of doing things is perfect. There is a reason why I don’t really care what Mel Kiper ever says; he’s wrong a lot of the time. He and every other member of the NFL scouting community works in an imperfect world of evaluation, and sometimes those methods lead to you looking at Brian Hoyer and going:‘‘Screw it, let’s offer a second round pick for him.’’

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz