Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 92 mal aufgerufen
 OAM-Trainingslabor-Gästebuch
elaine95 Offline

01.08.2019 09:19
the form of a high pick.Well-traveled veteran Ryan Fitzpatrick signed in March, and the Dolphins acknowledge he’s merely a caret Antworten

TAMPA David Montgomery Jersey , Fla. (AP)The Tampa Bay Buccaneers turned to offense with their first of three picks in the second round, taking USC running back Ronald Jones II.Tampa Bay then returned to an emphasis on defense with its final two second-round picks, taking cornerbacks M.J. Stewart from North Carolina and Auburn’s Carlton Davis.The Buccaneers closed out Friday night by picking Humboldt State guard Alex Cappa in the third round.Tampa Bay selected Washington defensive tackle Vita Vea 12th overall during Thursday’s first round.”We’re getting five guys that can help us either in the immediate future or some point down the road,” Tampa Bay general manager Jason Licht said.Finding a running back capable of easing the burden on quarterback Jameis Winston to carry the offense was a priority addressed by Jones’ selection with the 38th overall pick.”I can score from anywhere on the field,” Jones said. ”I’ve always been a home-run threat.”Jones rushed for 1,550 yards and 19 touchdown for USC last season. He averaged 6.1 yards per carry and scored 39 rushing TDs during his three years with the Trojans.The Bucs haven’t made the playoffs since 2007 and haven’t won a postseason game since the franchise’s 2002 run to a Super Bowl title.Jones said when he visited with the Bucs, ”it felt like how I did when I went to USC, it just felt like home.”Playing in the NFL and reaching the Super Bowl have long been Jones’ goals.”I’ve got one down, got to get the other for my dad, for myself and for the organization,” Jones said.Jones’ father died when he was a sophomore in high school.”He definitely told me that everything that glitters isn’t gold,” Jones said. ”Never forget who I am http://www.bearsfootballauthentics.com/riley-ridley-jersey-authentic , stay true to yourself. Those words from my father I never forget, they’re always echoing in my mind.”With Brent Grimes turning 35 this summer and Vernon Hargreaves III, a first-round pick two years ago, losing his starting job last season, the Buccaneers were looking to strengthen the secondary.Stewart has been honorable mention All-ACC players each of the past two seasons.”I don’t want to be last, I don’t want to be second, I want to be first in everything,” Stewart, taken 53rd, said. ”I want to win. I want to compete every day. I think that’s probably my best attribute, my competitive nature.”Tampa Bay made a trade with New England, moving down from 56th to 63rd Shareef Miller Jersey , and added a fourth-round selection.”I was actually kind of in a negative state where I understood my value was slipping but when I got that call it changed everything,” said Davis, picked 63rd overall. ”I understood that I was getting an opportunity, I understood that this organization took a chance on a player. I have so much more to offer than what I’ve shown. I know that for a fact and I willing to prove that.”Davis had 138 tackles and three interceptions in 38 career games.Tampa Bay added a third-round pick, No. 94 from Minnesota, to pick Cappa.”We thought we were going to get three good football players and we got four,” Buccaneers head coach Dirk Koetter said. ”We’re happy as we stand here tonight.”The Buccaneers sent fourth-and-sixth round picks to the Vikings.— MIAMI (AP) — Since last season the Miami Dolphins have parted with their top three quarterbacks, their leading rusher and top receiver, three veteran defensive ends and three starting offensive linemen, while adding no marquee free agents.They went 7-9 in 2018 and are widely expected to be worse next season. Heading into the draft, the Dolphins’ odds for winning the Super Bowl are 250 to 1, longest in the NFL.Even so http://www.eaglesfootballauthentics.com/zach-brown-jersey-authentic , they say they’re not tanking under new coach Brian Flores, who replaced Adam Gase.“From Day 1, when we made the change, we talked about building the foundation and building it up the right way,” general manager Chris Grier says. “So that’s all it is. There’s no tanking.”Flores bristles at the word.“To disrespect the game and use that term, it stirs something inside of me, to put that nicely,” Flores says.So the Dolphins say they want to win now. But as they pare payroll and stockpile 2020 draft picks, personnel decisions are being made with the goal to win later.Here’s how that approach will dictate decisions in the draft:QUARTERBACKSThe Dolphins haven’t been to the Super Bowl since the 1984 season, and in that time they’ve drafted one quarterback in the first round.Coincidence?Probably not, but the trend is unlikely to change this year.The Dolphins have the 13th pick, which probably puts the potential franchise QBs out of reach. So they’re expected to wait until 2020 to use their top choice on a quarterback http://www.raidersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-isaiah-johnson-jersey , which is why a lot of losses this season could have a huge long-term payoff in the form of a high pick.Well-traveled veteran Ryan Fitzpatrick signed in March, and the Dolphins acknowledge he’s merely a caretaker QB.“At that position, you can never be satisfied until you have the guy you really feel can give you a chance to win a championship,” Grier says.Fitzpatrick replaces Ryan Tannehill, who failed to deliver a playoff win as the only quarterback to be drafted in the first round by Miami since Dan Marino.IN CHARGEGrier joined the Dolphins as a scout in 2000, which happens to be the most recent season they won a playoff game.While Miami has been mired in mediocrity, Grier has climbed the company ladder and was promoted in February to oversee football operations. He has had final say on draft choices the past three years, but says he emphasizes collaboration.“I’m not going to force a coach to take a player, because that doesn’t work,” Grier says. “It creates animosity and distrust.”Chances of a war room clash between Grier and Flores are slim because they’ve enjoyed a long friendship. Each started his NFL career as a scout for the Dolphins’ AFC East nemesis, New England.NOT SEXYThe Dolphins will need a lot of bulk to rebuild. Draft prognosticators have listed at least 10 offensive and defensive linemen as potential first-round picks by Miami.The draft is deep in defensive linemen, and the best bet is Miami will take one from Clemson Devin Bush Jersey , with former Tigers teammates Clelin Ferrell and tackle Christian Wilkins both possibilities.MOVING DOWN OR UPThe Dolphins might continue their accumulation of 2020 picks — they now have 10 — by trading down in the first round.With so many roster holes to fill, it’s unlikely they’ll trade away multiple picks to move up.“If there is a guy there that we like this year that we feel we need to go get, yeah, we will be aggressive trying to get him,” Grier says. “But we’ll also be smart about it. There is a limit to what you should do.”RECENT HISTORYBad draft decisions are a big reason for the Dolphins missing the playoffs 15 of the past 17 seasons. They haven’t had a first-round pick make the Pro Bowl since center Mike Pouncey, who was drafted in 2011.

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz