Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 124 mal aufgerufen
 OAM-Trainingslabor-Gästebuch
elaine95 Offline

30.08.2019 09:24
was so stiff and hard the doc didn’t know how it was still contracting to pump the Antworten

The first women’s World Cup speed races in 2018 were doubtful on Friday as the snow on parts of the course was still too weak after heavy rain this week and mild temperatures.

The lower section of the Karnten-Franz Klammer course was not hard enough to stage the mandatory training for a downhill.

”It’s a difficult situation right now with the way the snow is and how they prepared the course http://www.bengalscheapshop.com/cheap-authentic-drew-sample-jersey ,” Lindsey Vonn told The Associated Press. ”I am not sure if we are going to be able to get a race off, but they are definitely trying as hard as they can.”

The American standout added ”the top is good but the bottom is not safe to race.”

Organizers swapped the program for this weekend by pushing back the downhill to Sunday and rescheduling a super-G for Saturday.

The first downhill training on Thursday was cancelled and a race can be staged only after competitors have at least one training run on the entire course.

Only a shortened run of less than 40 seconds was held on Friday on the upper hill, which included the steep Klammer Stich with a 73-percent grade. Training on the rest of the course was planned for Saturday after the super-G.

”Of course we all want to race but the conditions have to be good,” Tina Weirather of Liechtenstein said. ”I hope there will be a clear decision tomorrow morning, not postponing and waiting.”

As the skiers’ representatives this weekend, Vonn and Weirather will be talking to the race jury on Saturday when decisions are made.

”We have a strong voice,” said Vonn, adding the races should not be staged at all costs with the Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang only a month away.

The last time Bad Kleinkirchheim hosted the World Cup Germaine Pratt Jersey , in 2015, both races were cancelled because of heavy winds.

Austria’s Christina Ager posted the fastest time in the short training session, followed by Sofia Goggia of Italy and Weirather.

Vonn, who failed to reach a podium in five previous races here, was 22nd.

American teammate Mikaela Shiffrin, who leads the season’s downhill standings after two events, is sitting out this weekend’s races to rest.

Longtime NFL linebacker and former Lions General Manager Matt Millen is a week removed from heart transplant surgery.And as he recovers, he told Peter King of NBC’s that he hopes to make the most of the second chance he’s been given. He waited six months for a transplant http://www.bengalscheapshop.com/cheap-authentic-ryan-finley-jersey , which he got on Christmas Eve.“I have not been spared for nothing,” Millen said. “I feel like I have more of a purpose now—I just have to find out what it is. I’ve got to figure out what my Holy Grail is for the rest of my life. I can’t waste this opportunity.“I know I am lucky to be here. When my doctor took out my heart, he saw how much it was damaged. It was awful. He said I must have tremendous reserve from training. That thing was so stiff and hard the doc didn’t know how it was still contracting to pump the blood.”The 60-year-old Millen said his transplant came from a 26-year-old male who died of a drug overdose, and that reality creates a guilt in some transplant patients.“No, not melancholy,” he said. “More of a feeling that I’ve been given an incredible gift. There is a purpose to it. . . .“Think of the thought he had to put into this, to be a donor. He took the time to let it be known he wanted his heart to go to someone if he died, so they could live. What a gift. I’m going to figure out what to do about it.”Millen was even able to joke about his condition now relative to his football days Renell Wren Jersey , saying he remembered taking a shot to the chest from Washington fullback Otis Wonsley in the Super Bowl which was more painful than the life-saving surgery he just had.“That was painful,” Millen said. “This is more uncomfortable.”We wish Millen the best in his continued recovery, as well as send thoughts to the family of the donor, who gave Millen a second chance.

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz