Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 270 mal aufgerufen
 OAM-Trainingslabor-Gästebuch
yellowbaby520 Offline

06.10.2017 08:48
Wholesale MLB Baseball Jerseys Antworten

The British Open was the third major of the year that did not end the way I would have scripted it. The Masters had an improbable winner in Angel Cabrera when Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson were in the hunt and let it slip away on the last few holes and Kenny Perry Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping , a 48 year old, had it all sowed up until the last two holes, which he bogied and opened the door for Angel to win in a playoff. In the the second major of the year, the U.S. Open winner could have easily been Phil Mickelson, who was playing his heart out for his ailing wife Amy but he could not hold on Sunday and lost out to Lucas Glover, and now Tom Watson, one of the greatest golfers who ever lived, loses to Stewart Cink in a playoff that didn t have to be.

Tom Watson had given the fans so many thrills all week and after the first round, even though tied for the lead, most of the golf authoritarians had already written him off and said he had virtually no chance for victory. Tom Watson had other ideas and I was rooting for him all the way. He kept coming back and even after four bogies in a row during one of the rounds, he bounced back with birdies and pars when he needed to and fought his way back into the lead. His play was reminiscent of the Tom Watson I so fondly remember when in his prime in the 70 s, and where at this very venue in 1977 he faced down Jack Nicklaus, the greatest golfer who ever lived Cheap Wholesale Jerseys , for the final 36 holes and beat him by a shot.

After a valiant effort for all four rounds, the 18th hole of the final round turned out to be the defining hole of the tournament. Tom Watson was leading by two shots going into the 18th hole and a par would have clinched it for him. But again at the British Open the improbable happened, Stewart Cink birdied the hole and Tom bogied to force a playoff. Tom hit his eight iron approach shot to the green flush and got a bad break when it hit on the green and instead of checking up it rolled off the back and left him with an uphill shot back to the green. He opted for the putter, which had served him well all week, but he hit it a bit too hard to get thru the fringe and went past he cup by about 10 feet. The putt coming back was makeable but he hit it short and missed to the right. He may have lost the Claret Jug but he is a winner in my book.

I noted last paragraph that the improbable happened when Tom lost on the 18th hole. That statement is not true, because in reality he lost in a four hole playoff to Cink after tying on the 18th hole. Tom had been playing so well for the first 71 holes that when he didn t get the result he anticipated after hitting a very well struck 8 iron for his approach shot to the 18th green, it appeared to knock the wind out of his sails. He seemed to have lost on 18 rather than in the playoff and it appeared that he may have finally had enough. In retrospect, the improbable is the fact that a 59 year old is competing on a level never before seen in a major, against the best players in the world, for four pressure packed days, on a very tough golf course under extreme conditions. It would have been an awesome feat for Tom Watson to have been victorious and to clinch his 6th British Open title but he will always be a champion in my book. He came very close to victory and for those naysayers who thought he did not have a chance, I hope they now realize that if you have the heart and belief in yourself, as Mr. Watson did Cheap New Jerseys , then all things are possible. After Tom Watson s performance in this years British Open I would not be surprised if next year Jack, Arnie, Gary and Tom are going head to head like old times. In closing I would like Tom to know he will always be remembered as A Helluva Golfer not only by his peers but by all of us. Thank you Tom for making believers out of us !

Congratulations to Stewart Cink for his victory and some extraordinary play against the field and one of the worlds best golfers and gentleman, Tom Watson. Happy Golfing to All !
Author's Resource Box

My name is Mike DAuria and I grew up in the Canarsie section of Brooklyn. I started playing golf when I sustained

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz