Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 220 mal aufgerufen
 OAM-Trainingslabor-Gästebuch
xsw96 Offline

23.03.2018 10:07
in rugby at Olympic level and a first for the seve Antworten

Melbourne, Australia (SportsNetwork.com) - Four-time champion Novak Djokovic, reigning titlist Stan Wawrinka and Japanese star Kei Nishikori highlighted Mondays fourth-round winners at the Australian Open. The world No. 1 Djokovic got past Luxembourg left-hander Gilles Muller 6-4, 7-5, 7-5 in Mondays nightcap at Laver Arena to reach his 23rd consecutive Grand Slam quarterfinal. The seven-time Grand Slam champion and reigning Wimbledon titlist is seeking his fourth Aussie championship in five years, having captured three straight of his four Melbourne crowns from 2011-13. Up next for the great Djokovic, who has yet to drop a set through four matches here, will be eighth-seeded big-serving Canadian Milos Raonic, who is 0-4 lifetime against the Serb. Meanwhile, the fourth-seeded Swiss slugger Wawrinka pulled out a 7-6 (7-2), 6-4, 4-6, 7-6 (10-8) victory over Spaniard Guillermo Garcia-Lopez. Garcia-Lopez won the first five points of the fourth-set tiebreak and had five chances to force a fifth set at Melbourne Park, but Wawrinka saved all five before moving on. Garcia-Lopez stunned Wawrinka in the first round at last years French Open. Wawrinkas quarterfinal opponent on Wednesday will be the fifth-seeded U.S. Open runner-up Nishikori, who handled ninth-seeded former French Open finalist David Ferrer of Spain 6-3, 6-3, 6-3 on Day 8 of the fortnight. Looking ahead to his clash with Wawrinka, Nishikori said, Its going to be a really tough match because I have seen him play on TV a couple of matches. Even today he was playing really good. He can hit balls forehand, backhand -- great backhand actually. He can hit from anywhere at the back. Its going to be a tough match. But obviously Im in the quarterfinals, so no easy matches coming up. Hopefully I can play another good match. For sure it gives me confidence that I beat him in the U.S. Open. Its not like I cant beat him. Its going to be a fun match for sure. Nishikori made history as he became the first Asian man to contest a Grand Slam final last year when he defeated three Top-10 players, including Wawrinka in five sets in the quarters, to reach the U.S. Open final. The aforementioned Raonic had to outlast 12th-seeded Spanish lefty Feliciano Lopez, 6-4, 4-6, 6-3, 6-7 (7-9), 6-3, to reach the round of eight. Lopez saved seven match points before succumbing to the big Canadian. Raonic became the first Canadian man in the Open Era to reach the Aussie Open quarters and is also the second Canadian man in history to reach three major quarterfinals, following in the footsteps of Robert Powell at Wimbledon in 1908, 10 and 12. Its great to be doing what Im doing and that it is making a difference, said Raonic. It is, I guess, part of some history, if you look really deep. But at the end of the day, at the same time, Im always pushing myself for what I want to achieve. Im always sort of looking in the mirror and saying, Thats who I have to compare myself to: to myself. The quarterfinals will commence Tuesday, as third-seeded former world No. 1 Rafael Nadal will take on seventh-seeded Tomas Berdych and sixth-seeded Andy Murray will battle heavy Aussie crowd favorite Nick Kyrgios. Nadal beat Berdych in the 2010 Wimbledon final and is 18-3 lifetime against the big Czech. The reigning French Open king Nadal is a 14-time Grand Slam champ, including an Aussie title in 2009. Hes also a two-time runner-up in Melbourne, including last year when he was stunned by Wawrinka in the final. Murray is a two-time major titlist whos lost in three Aussie Open finals. Teddy Bridgewater Jersey . Both the top-seeded Djokovic and sixth-seeded Fish took relatively easy paths, with the Serb winning when opponent Jo-Wilfried Tsonga retired in the second set with a sore arm and Fish dominating Janko Tipsarevic in two quick sets. Harrison Smith Jersey . - Kevin Labanc and Joseph Blandisi were a potent combination for the Barrie Colts on Friday night. http://www.vikingsauthenticshoponline.co...lite-Jersey/.ca. Hi Mr. Fraser, When I was watching the Heritage Classic in Vancouver there was a play midway through the third where Ottawa crashed the Canucks net and it came off its moorings. Mackensie Alexander Jersey .com) - The NFL is investigating whether the New England Patriots intentionally deflated balls during Sundays AFC Championship Game against Indianapolis. Kai Forbath Jersey .Lets go back to the Avs, who have become one of the funnest teams to watch in this years playoffs.Scotlands Mark Bennett has been included in Great Britains mens Sevens squad for the Olympic Games in Rio next month. Marcus Watson, brother of England wing Anthony, and James Davies, brother of Wales centre Jonathan, have also been named in the 12-man squad. Mark Bennett (second right) is heading to Brazil with Great Britain Emily Scarratt will captain the womens squad, which includes Katy McLean, who skippered England to their 15-a-side World Cup win in 2014. The womens squad, who have been training full-time as a wider British squad since last October, includes a number of World Cup-winners, with only one non-English player, Jasmine Joyce of Wales. Emily Scarratt will lead GB women in Rio Tom Mitchell captains the mens squad, which also features James Rodwell, who set a new world record earlier this year after playing in 69 consecutive World Rugby Sevens tournaments, and Dan Norton, the series fourth-highest leading scorer of all time.It will be the first time in 108 years that Team GB have had representation in rugby at Olympic level and a first for the seven-a-side format. Marcus Watson is also in the 12-strong mens squad Competition takes place over six days with the women competing first from August 6 to 8 at the Deodoro Stadium in a pool which includes hosts Brazil, Japan and Canada.The mens competition follows from August 9 to 11 with Kenya, Japan and New Zealand - featuring Sonny Bill Williams - the pool stage opposition. Mens captain Tom Mitchell is delighted to lead Team GB to their first-ever Olympics Great Britain Sevens squads:Men: Mark Bennett, Dan Bibby, Phil Burgess, Sam Cross, Alex Davis, James Davies, Ollie Lindsay-Hague, Tom Mitchell, Dan Norton, James Rodwell, Mark Robertson, Marcus Watson.ddddddddddddTravelling reserves: Luke Treharne, Ruaridh McConnochie. Geraint Hughes meets members of Team GB womens sevens squad for the Olympics in Rio Women: Claire Allan, Abbie Brown, Heather Fisher, Natasha Hunt, Jasmine Joyce, Katy McLean, Alice Richardson, Emily Scarratt, Emily Scott, Danielle Waterman, Joanne Watmore, Amy Wilson-Hardy.Travelling reserves: Megan Jones, Kay Wilson. Also See: IOC to discuss Russia ban Phillips named Wales Women coach Russia state-sponsored doping Youngs to captain Leicester Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz