Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 232 mal aufgerufen
 OAM-Trainingslabor-Gästebuch
xsw96 Offline

23.03.2018 10:13
go four of five times since Rivers became t Antworten

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Chris Tillman paid no attention to the Baltimore bullpen as it started to stir in the ninth inning. After all, he had made it this far before. There was no way he was leaving the game now. So after a leadoff single to start the inning, Tillman bore down against the Kansas City Royals. The young right-hander induced three straight groundouts to end the game, wrapping up a 4-0 victory for the Orioles and giving Tillman his first career shutout. "Ill take more of them," he said, "but thats not my goal." Maybe not. But it sure is nice. Tillman came within two outs of a nine-inning complete game earlier this season, and he was incensed when he was pulled from an eventual 3-1 win over Detroit. He hadnt been any happier of late, either, after scuffling through his last five outings. But behind a dastardly combination of curveballs, changeups and fastballs, Tillman (4-2) kept the offensively inept Royals off balance. He scattered five hits and a walk, his dominant outing coming one night after Wei-Yin Chen and four relievers combined to beat Kansas City 2-1. Chris Davis homered and Steve Clevenger also drove in a run for the Orioles. "This is Tillmans night," the Royals Billy Butler said. "Youve got to give him credit. He did his job today. He was locating, throwing all of his pitches. He did a heck of a job." Jeremy Guthrie (2-3) bounced back from a lousy start to last eight innings against his former team. The Royals starter allowed four runs, eight hits and a walk while striking out two. While falling to 0-3 with four no-decisions in his last seven starts, Guthrie at least was able to save a bullpen that had been chewed up in that close loss the previous night. "He threw the ball well. He really did," Royals manager Ned Yost said. As for that offence, which has managed one run in the last two games? "Offences heat up, cool off," Yost said. "Right now we dont have anybody where I can sit back and say this boy is really swinging the bat well right now." The game was played in a brisk 2 hours, 22 minutes, mostly because the starters were so effective. Tillman retired 13 of 14 batters after giving up a double to Norichika Aoki to start the game, and Guthrie only allowed a single by J.J. Hardy over the first three innings. Baltimore finally got to Guthrie in the fourth, and it was partly his own doing. Manny Machado led off by bunting back toward Guthrie, and he slipped while trying to field the ball. His hurried throw to first was wide of the bag for an error, and Machado trotted over to second base. Moments later, he headed for third when Guthrie threw a wild pitch. Davis walked to put runners on the corners for Cruz, whose single drove in the games first run. Clevenger then grounded into a fielders choice to give the Orioles a 2-0 lead. It remained that way until the sixth, when consecutive singles again put runners on the corners. Cruz then lofted a fly ball deep enough to centre to bring home Adam Jones. Davis added his third homer of the season with two outs in the eighth. By that point, the only drama was whether Tillman would finish the game. The Orioles had two relievers up in the bullpen in the ninth, and the Royals got the leadoff man on base. But Tillman calmly got the next three batters to ground out to end the game. "We talked to him between innings, like we always do. It was a lot of effort but there was no real stressful innings for him," Orioles manager Buck Showalter said. "We had guys up and there was a point he was coming out of the game, but he was not going to be denied." NOTES: The Orioles recalled RHP Brad Brach from Triple-A Norfolk and designated RHP Evan Meek for assignment. ... The Royals selected the contract of RHP Casey Coleman from Triple-A Omaha and designated OF Justin Maxwell for assignment. Coleman retired the side in the ninth. ... Baltimore RHP Bud Norris is scheduled to start Saturday. LHP Danny Duffy will start for Kansas City. Ferguson Jenkins Jersey .com) - The Vancouver Canucks hope an upcoming stretch of home games will be enough to get the club into the postseason. Shin-Soo Choo Jersey . As for regular Olympic spectators, theyre being warned that most travel insurance policies wont cover acts of terrorism or war. The Games in southern Russia, which run from Feb. 7-23, are being staged amid unprecedented security and under global warnings of danger. http://www.rangersapparelsshop.com/josh-...-jersey-c-20/.C. - Blair Jones scored the eventual winner in the third period as the Abbotsford Heat defeated the Oklahoma City Oil Barons 3-2 in American Hockey League action on Friday. Russell Wilson Jersey .The Williams siblings, with 25 Grand Slam titles between them, will have a couple of Madisons joining them, too.Madison Keys had a 6-4, 7-5 upset win over two-time Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova on Saturday night, and Madison Brengle beat Coco Vandeweghe 6-3, 6-2 in an all-U. Ivan Rodriguez Jersey . Jannero Pargo scored 14 of his 24 points in the fourth quarter to help the Charlotte Bobcats erase a 21-point deficit and rally for an 83-76 preseason victory over the Milwaukee Bucks on Saturday night.SAN DIEGO - The New England Patriots spent the week in San Diego, where they got rained on like everyone else for a few days.By the time Tom Brady took his spot in front of a bed of roses at picturesque University of San Diego for his weekly news conference, the clouds had cleared and the sun came out.Perfect timing for Brady, a Californian.If the Patriots (9-3) beat the Chargers (8-4) on Sunday night, the extra time in the Golden State will have been worth it.Its been good, Brady said. I think weve had a good couple days. Now it starts to feel like California weather. ... Guys have a lot of time to kind of be together and spend a lot of time that we dont typically get to spend so thats been a real plus.In order to cut down on travel, the Patriots flew to San Diego after their loss at Green Bay last Sunday.Sunday nights game will feature premier quarterbacks in Brady and San Diegos Philip Rivers, and two of the games top tight ends, New Englands Rob Gronkowski and San Diegos Antonio Gates.Did the Patriots have too much time on their hands in California? Gronkowski and other Patriots hung out with Justin Bieber at a Los Angeles Clippers game Monday night.Told that some Patriots fans were concerned about a Bieber curse, Gronkowski said, Were just on to San Diego. Just worried about the Chargers, man.Spoken like someone who plays for Bill Belichick.Here are some things to look for when the Patriots and Chargers, two original AFL teams, meet Sunday night:GRONK & GATES: Gronkowski and Gates each come in with nine touchdown catches, looking to become the first tight end in NFL history to have four 10-TD seasons.Defensive co-ordinators John Pagano of the Chargers and Matt Patricia of the Patriots likely have had nightmares all week.Theyre two great players, Brady said. Its really a tough matchup when you play guys like that. I think that particular position, especially for us and how important it is in our offence, and I know it is in San Diegos offence ... its just a tough matchup.GRONK: How will the Chargers cover Gronkowski?I think the whole team. Ten guys in coverage. At least one guy rushing the quarterback, and hopefully thats me, joked Chargers outside linebacker Dwight FFreeney.dddddddddddd Hes having a great year. Hes so hard to stop. He has so much size. I think its unfair for a guy to have that much size and speed and be able to catch the ball and be able to block. So he never leaves the field. Hes always a threat.GRONK II: Gronkowski, who is 6-foot-6, 265 pounds, has 65 catches for 910 yards and nine TDs this season.Gates said hell be focused on his own game but I understand that theres another guy across the way thats pretty good, obviously. Hes always talked about. Hes catching touchdowns. My whole thing is that hes keeping the tradition going that me and my guy Tony (Gonzalez) started. Were excited that this position is still getting looked at as one of the premier matchup-problem positions.GATES: The 12-year veteran has 47 catches for 574 yards and nine TDs this season.Hes an unbelievable player, Gronkowski said. Ever since high school Ive looked up to him. I love the way he runs routes and how he gets open and how he makes it stick at the top of the routes to get open. Ive always watched him ever since growing up and I still watch him to do this day to learn from him.BRADY & RIVERS: The guys throwing to the tight ends are pretty good, too.Rivers has thrown 69 touchdown passes to Gates, the most from a QB to a tight end in NFL history. Brady has thrown 50 scoring passes to Gronkowski, the most TD connections in Patriots history.Brady has the upper hand over Rivers, though, beating San Diego four of five times since Rivers became the starter in 2006, including twice in the playoffs. Rivers only win against the Patriots came in 2008, weeks after Brady suffered a season-ending knee injury in the opener.The Chargers have only three sacks in the past five games.Now would be a good time to get that going.Freeney has been a pain in our butt for a long time, Brady said. They have a good, athletic group of linebackers. They rotate a lot of guys. .. They went on the road in Baltimore and beat a really good team on the road, which is tough to do. Thats what were going to need to be able to do.___Follow Bernie Wilson on Twitter at http://twitter.com/berniewilson___Online: http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz