Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 153 mal aufgerufen
 OAM-Trainingslabor-Gästebuch
elaine95 Offline

09.01.2019 04:30
Kikuchi’s deal Antworten

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Ryan Carpenter turns 28 years old next week. The Detroit Tigers pitcher gave himself a nice early birthday gift on Saturday night: his first major league win.Mikie Mahtook hit a tiebreaking three-run homer in the fifth inning http://www.stlouiscardinalsteamshop.com/authentic-ozzie-smith-jersey , Carpenter pitched into the sixth inning and the Tigers beat the Minnesota Twins 7-5.“This is something I’ve worked my whole life for and I definitely don’t want it to be the last,” said Carpenter, who made four starts earlier this season but had been out since May 31 with a strained right oblique. “I spent almost two months down in Florida rehabbing. It’s kind of a long, hard process but I always told myself I’d get through it and I’d come back up here and get my first win.”Joe Mauer, Tyler Austin, Miguel Sano and Mitch Garver homered for the Twins, who had won four straight.The Twins had Carpenter (1-1) on the ropes early, as their first three batters reached base. But he wiggled out of trouble.“He changed speeds and moved it around,” Tigers manager Ron Gardenhire said. “I thought they were going to be on him a little bit and he made some adjustments.”Mauer led off the game with a home run, Eddie Rosario followed with a single, and Jorge Polanco’s double put runners on second and third with nobody out. But Carpenter fanned Sano, got Logan Forsythe on a lineout to third, and retired Max Kepler on fly ball to get out of the inning.Austin hit a solo shot in the second inning and Sano followed suit in the third, but that was all the Twins could manage off Carpenter, who walked none and struck out three in 5 1/3 innings. Four relievers combined to close it out, with Shane Greene picking up the last four outs for his 26th save in 29 chances.Mahtook’s homer was his second of the year and came off reliever Tyler Duffey (1-2). Niko Goodrum was hit by a pitch leading off the fifth and Victor Martinez hit a grounder to first base. Mauer threw to second for the force and Goodrum initially was called out. But the call was overturned by a video review Albert Pujols Jersey , and Mahtook followed with a no-doubt line drive deep into the left-field seats.Twins starter Kohl Stewart, the fourth pick in the 2013 draft, made his first appearance at Target Field after debuting Aug. 12 in Detroit. He walked four in just 2 2/3 innings and the Tigers chased him with a three-run third inning.He was a pitch away from getting out of the inning unscathed, but with the bases loaded and two outs he hit Mahtook with a 1-2 fastball to score the Tigers’ first run. Ronny Rodriguez followed with a two-run double and Stewart’s night was done.“It’s just frustrating, you know? I had Mahtook 0-2 there, and could have gotten out of that inning — as bad as it was — if I execute that one pitch,” Stewart said. “That’s the kind of (stuff) that keeps you up at night.”TWINS HONOR MORRISThe Twins officially honored Jack Morris for his induction to the National Baseball Hall of Fame in a pregame ceremony on Saturday. A video replay of Morris’ speech at last month’s induction ceremony in Cooperstown, New York was shown on the scoreboard before Morris addressed the crowd.The St. Paul, Minnesota native only pitched one season for the Twins, but it was a memorable one. In 1991 he won 18 games to lead the Twins to the postseason, then threw 10 scoreless innings in Game 7 of the World Series. Morris was joined at the podium by two other hometown Hall of Famers, Twins manager Paul Molitor and outfielder Dave Winfield, each of whom got his 3,000th career hit in a Twins uniform.MINNESOTA MOVESMolitor said it was “fairly likely” that Stewart would start his next turn in the rotation, which would be Thursday against the Athletics.UP NEXTTigers: RHP Jacob Turner (0-1, 45.00 ERA) will be recalled from Triple-A Toledo to start Sunday’s series finale against the Twins. Turner http://www.stlouiscardinalsteamshop.com/authentic-stan-musial-jersey , playing for his fifth team in his seven-year career, made one start for Detroit this season. He lasted just one inning and allowed five earned runs against the Angels on Aug. 7. To make room for Turner on the roster, RHP Zach McAllister was designated for assignment.Twins: RHP Jake Odorizzi (5-7, 4.44) will face the Tigers on Sunday. In his last start, Odorizzi picked up his first win in five weeks by pitching into the sixth inning and striking out nine in a 5-2 win over the Pirates. SEATTLE (AP) — Yusei Kikuchi smiled wide for the cameras, pointing to the back of his No. 18 jersey — a celebrated number for Japanese pitchers. In the city where one of his childhood idols, Ichiro Suzuki, became a major league star, Kikuchi is eager to prove he belongs in America, too.“Thank you for this new journey,” Kikuchi said.The prized Japanese left-hander was introduced as the newest member of the Seattle Mariners on Thursday, a day after signing a four-year deal with options that could make it a seven-year stay in the Pacific Northwest. The 27-year-old Kikuchi spent more than 40 minutes answering questions about why he wanted to come to the majors and why he chose Seattle.Kikuchi answered the vast majority of the questions from English-speaking reporters in English. His answers were brief, but it was a sign of how long he’s wanted to play in the majors. The dream started when he was 15, and Kikuchi knew if he was going to realize it, English would be an asset.A fastball ticking into the mid-90s helps, too.“I want to practice hard and adjust myself. I want to enjoy every single thing Roger Maris Jersey ,” Kikuchi said.Kikuchi also has an array of offspeed pitchers, part of his resume as one of the top young pitchers in Japan. Kikuchi was posted by the Pacific League’s Seibu Lions on Dec. 4. Under the rules in the November 2017 posting agreement, he had until Wednesday afternoon Seattle time to sign with a major league team.Seattle is planning to limit Kikuchi’s innings while keeping him on the regular rotation of starting every fifth or sixth day. To make that happen, general manager Jerry Dipoto said there may be times Kikuchi goes through his normal routine but only throws one or two innings.The Mariners might use that plan for a few of their young pitchers over the next few seasons. Kikuchi and agent Scott Boras are on board.“I really felt with a player of this ability that we had the opportunity to restructure a new format to how we’re going to acclimate them to this environment,” Boras said. “Jerry being a former pitcher, I raised this, we talked about the data that I had assimilated and talked about, let’s do something that is going to help you long term and help the player become something that is more what we do with our youth here.”Kikuchi’s deal is unusual in its structure, but falls in line with Seattle’s approach to its new lefty. The deal is worth $56 million guaranteed over four years, but could be worth up to $109 million over seven seasons if options are exercised. He receives a $6 million signing bonus and salaries of $8 million this year, $14 million in 2020 and $15 million in 2021. The agreement includes a $13 million player option for 2022, and Seattle has options worth $16.5 million annually for 2022-25.On the surface it appears to be a winning combination for the player and the team. Kikuchi gets to acclimate to the majors without the pressure of being thrust onto a pitching staff that needs him to carry big innings and be a major contributor from the start. Seattle gets a lower upfront cost for a possible major return if Kikuchi develops into a frontline starter. And the structure of the deal allows for potential opt-outs at three and four years if the sides believe the relationship isn’t working, but provides the opportunity for Seattle to lock up Kikuchi through 2025 during a stretch the Mariners hope to again be contenders.Boras said there were teams interested in Kikuchi that would have put him right into the heart of their rotations with the expectations of throwing 170 or more innings in 2019. That won’t be the case in Seattle.“It was more about where Yusei ends up than where he begins,” Dipoto said. “We know we’re getting very talented young players who is focused and high character. This is about step one in a development that will allow him to achieve his upside as a major league player, and we think it’s considerable.”

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz