Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 186 mal aufgerufen
 Chatarchiv Absprachen, Sitzungen, Verhandlungen usw.
liny Offline

15.01.2019 08:34
Sunday Dawg Chow: Browns news (8/12/18) Antworten

Cleveland Browns:Rookie Christian DiLauro digs in for run at job (Canton Repository) - Christian DiLauro woke up one day and found himself lined up against Myles Garrett and Emmanuel Ogbah. He’d love to pinch himself on Sept. 1 by finding out he has won a job with the Browns.Paul http://www.thebrownsfootballauthentic.com/joe-schobert-jersey-authentic , Vince and Me (Football Outsiders) - A couple of weeks after I landed a spot in the vaunted Newsday sports section in 1968, sports editor Ed Comerford called me into his office to say he had a story for me. Two stories, actually. He was sending me to Ohio and Wisconsin to cover two of the hottest topics in the National Football League that summer: the return of Paul Brown as owner-coach of the Cincinnati Bengals, an expansion franchise in the American Football League; and Vince Lombardi’s departure from the sidelines after coaching the Green Bay Packers to victory in the first two Super Bowls.Performance dietician has full plate with player nutrition (clevelandbrowns.com) - As the Browns were finishing their Wednesday afternoon practice, Katy Meassick was just getting started. She, along with two other staff members, were setting up a table beside the entrance to the facility. On the table: Gatorade post-workout bottles and smoothies, one for each player and coach.Quarterback play has a chance to make season fun (cleveland.com) - “It’s the quarterback play.” That’s why Browns coach Hue Jackson was so encouraged watching the first preseason game. It’s why fans should be hopeful about finally having a team worth watching.NFL:Nick Foles returns to practice to Eagles (NFL.com) - Nick Foles is back on the practice field. The Philadelphia Eagles quarterback, who has dealt with spasms in the head and neck area is practicing on Saturday on a limited basis, coach Doug Pederson told reporters.Why year three is different for Laquon Treadwell (ESPN) - Mike Zimmer stood at a podium inside a ballroom at the Indiana Convention Center fielding questions from reporters at the NFL combine. Several minutes into a discussion of offseason topics, Zimmer was asked what 2016 first-round pick Laquon Treadwell needed to do to turn his career around.Johnny Manziel looks up from the bottom of a very deep hole (New York Times) - Johnny Manziel ambled through the lobby of the downtown high-rise wearing shorts, a gray T-shirt and a baseball cap that hung just above his eyes. There was no bling, no Champagne bottles Youth Myles Garrett Jersey , no paparazzi. In the temporary residence that Manziel currently calls home, a few people passed without even a glance at one of the most infamous and recognizable athletes in the United States. Manziel, now trying to rebuild his career in the Canadian Football League, settled comfortably into the booth of an empty restaurant, took off his Montreal Alouettes cap and let down his guard.Colts release Shamarko Thomas (indystar.com) - The Indianapolis Colts released safety Shamarko Thomas and have replaced him on the roster with defensive end Ryan Delaire. Don't blame Ty for the tie.Browns coach Hue Jackson defended starting quarterback Tyrod Taylor on Monday as Cleveland's players, coaches and fans digested how a season opener that could have ended with the team's first win since 2016 turned into a painful 21-21 draw against the Pittsburgh Steelers — the NFL's first Week 1 tie in 47 years.Of course, because this is Cleveland, where quarterback criticism is passed down through generations, much of the postgame blame was directed at Taylor, who completed just 15 of 40 passes, got sacked seven times and missed a few open receivers in his first start for the Browns.But despite Taylor's struggles, Jackson crushed any speculation he's ready to turn his offense over to rookie Baker Mayfield anytime soon."He is the quarterback," Jackson said of Taylor.Jackson stiffened when he was asked what kind of leash he intends to have on Taylor Authentic Terrance Mitchell Jersey , who was acquired in March from Buffalo and will start until the Browns feel the No. 1 overall pick Mayfield is ready."Leash?" Jackson said. "We are trying to win. His job is to get the offense to play the best that it can play, but it takes more than just him. I know the sentiment I am getting here is that it is him. It is not."It is the offensive unit as a whole. Got to play better. Whether that is newness or whatever it is, I do not want to get caught up in all of that."Taylor had moments of indecisiveness Sunday, but that may have had as much to do with Pittsburgh's pass rush and an offense with several new faces, including rookie left tackle Desmond Harrison.But while supporting his QB, Jackson acknowledged that Taylor underthrew receiver Josh Gordon on a potential big play and he needs to be more accurate."Improve, complete the ball," Jackson said when asked what Taylor needs to do for the Browns to win on Sunday at New Orleans."Complete the ball. Complete the ball. I mean we have got to play better offensively, it is not just him. We have got to play better around him. He has to play better. We have to play better as an offensive unit."We did not play very well yesterday, let's just be honest. We need to play better."It's almost inconceivable the Browns didn't win.Coming off a 0-16 season, they became the first team not to win with a plus-5 turnover differential or better since Arizona was beaten at Atlanta in 2012. And, according to the Elias Sports Bureau, teams with a plus-5 turnover differential or better are 132-4-1 since 1999.The beleaguered Browns have two of those losses and now the tie.For now Womens David Njoku Jersey , Taylor has the team's unwavering support. But it will be interesting to see if that commitment can withstand another subpar performance or two.One of the knocks on Taylor in Buffalo was that he often missed throws he should have completed, and that he was afraid to attempt passes over the middle.Jackson wouldn't pinpoint Taylor's problems in the opener — he led the team in rushing and ran for a TD — but made it clear the 28-year-old had better step up his game."Not good enough," Jackson said. "What I am also saying in there is that it is not all him. Sometimes guys got to be in the right spot. Protection has to hold up for him. All of those things in a passing game make a difference. It is not just him. Does he have to do his job better? Yes. I think everyone around him has to do their job better, too."NOTES: Jackson said a "miscommunication" resulted in Gordon starting Sunday after the coach had vehemently expressed there would be consequences for the receiver missing three-plus weeks of training camp to address his sobriety. But on Cleveland's first play, Gordon lined up wide in a three-tight end personnel package. "The game's over with now, so to talk about it, what's it going to do? Nothing," said Jackson, who has turned play calling over to coordinator Todd Haley this season. "I've dealt with it. We move on." Gordon played 68 snaps, but was only targeted three times. His only catch was a game-tying touchdown in the fourth quarter. Custom Atlanta Falcons Jerseys

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz