Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 156 mal aufgerufen
 Chatarchiv Absprachen, Sitzungen, Verhandlungen usw.
liny Offline

15.01.2019 08:46
Rashard Higgins shows the value of being patient Antworten

When it comes to the Cleveland Browns Cleveland Browns Hats , patience is often seen as a four-letter word.But wide receiver Rashard Higgins is working to show that patience can sometimes pay off.Higgins was a fifth-round selection in the 2016 NFL Draft after setting school records at Colorado State for receptions (239), receiving yards (3,649) and touchdowns (31). After a rocky rookie season that only saw him be targeted 12 times, Higgins was cut at the end of the 2017 preseason. He landed on the Browns practice squad for the opening game of the season before rejoining the active roster in Week 2. It was a mostly nondescript season until Week 17, when Higgins had a pair of touchdown receptions against the Pittsburgh Steelers. That effort carried over into training camp as Higgins quickly developed a connection with rookie quarterback Baker Mayfield. Higgins has also made the most of his opportunities in the preseason as he has recored eight receptions for 113 yards in the three exhibition games. His work has caught the attention of the coaching staff, as head coach Hue Jackson said on Monday, per clevelandbrowns.com:Higgins has shown what can happen when a team gives its young players the time to develop, rather than casting them aside at the first opportunity.And given the way he has played so far throughout the summer, Higgins should not have anything to fear when the Browns make their roster cuts on Saturday. Todd Bowles was clearly angry, even if his voice never rose above its usual low tone.The normally stoic New York Jets coach vehemently denied a published report saying that he was stripping defensive coordinator Kacy Rodgers of some play-calling duties."(It's) 100 percent false," Bowles said Wednesday. "Completely a lie. If somebody said it, it didn't come out of my mouth."The New York Daily News reported Tuesday that Bowles Cleveland Browns Hoodie , according to sources, would call the defensive plays when the Jets face two-minute and hurry-up situations. Bowles is a former NFL defensive coordinator who is also close friends with Rodgers.New York ranks eighth in overall defense, including seventh against the pass, but has struggled in some key spots in its last two losses to Miami and Cleveland. Against the Browns, Baker Mayfield shredded the Jets in a two-minute situation before halftime. The Daily News reported that Bowles would himself try to improve the defense in that area."I have no idea where it came from, so I've got nothing else to speak on," Bowles said sternly. "I haven't done any of it. I don't know where it came from. It didn't happen. It hasn't happened."Bowles added that Rodgers will continue in his current duties of running the entire defense.It was a surprising display of controlled anger from Bowles, who very rarely shows any emotion during his news conferences."I'm pretty much a straight shooter," Bowles said. "If I've got something to say, I would probably say it and it would come out of my mouth. It never came out of my mouth. It never happened. End of discussion. It never happened, it's not going to happen. If I want to take the play calling or call something on the offense, I have that prerogative to do it as a head coach. I never did any of it."That wasn't the only controversy facing Bowles as the Jets (1-2) prepare to take on the Jaguars in Jacksonville on Sunday.During his weekly radio spot on WFAN on Tuesday Customized Cleveland Browns Jerseys , safety Jamal Adams suggested the Jets weren't prepared to face Mayfield when Tyrod Taylor left with a concussion."To be honest, man, we had to be open to knowing that Baker could come in, but we were prepared for Tyrod," Adams said during the interview. "When Baker came in, obviously, we didn't have a game plan for him. But hats off to him. He came in, and he definitely played lights out. And they gained momentum, and we just couldn't grab it back."Adams added that the Jets didn't foresee Mayfield playing against them."We weren't prepared for him," he said. "They're very similar guys, in ways that they can move the pocket and throw the football. So at the same time, man www.authenticsclevelandbrowns.com , we stuck to our game plan."Adams' comments fueled criticism from fans and media aimed at Bowles for failing to plan to potentially face Mayfield, even though New York had just three days to prepare for the game last Thursday night."Yeah, let's clear that up," Adams said Wednesday in the locker room. "If you listen to the interview, it tells you everything I said. I simply said we prepared for Tyrod. Obviously, he went down with the injury. We didn't know that at the time. Baker came in. He had energy. He had confidence. I did not say the coaching staff never had us prepared for two quarterbacks. I did not say that. We're going to end it at that and we're going to move on."Bowles downplayed Adams' comments, calling them a "teachable moment" after speaking with the second-year player."He misspoke," Bowles said. "He didn't mean it, and he's a young player. Part of having a young player as a leader, sometimes he's going to have growing pains."Bowles said he had no reaction when he first heard what Adams said. He also declined to elaborate on what Adams specifically meant with his comments, saying he's not trying to make any excuses.The comments had some wondering, however Cleveland Browns T-Shirt , whether Bowles was cast in a negative light and whether the incident exposed a potential disconnect between the coach and players."It's not a bad look," Bowles insisted. "It's a young player, I know what he meant. Our team knows what he meant, and we moved on from there. It's not a bad look, it's part of a young player getting older and dealing with the media. He's going to have some growing pains, but we'll work through them and he'll be fine."NOTES: S Marcus Maye (ankle/foot) was limited at practice, marking the first time this season he participated in team drills. He's hoping he might make his season debut at Jacksonville. "Just trying to be out there with the guys and knowing you can help out and you can't is definitely frustrating," Maye said. "So if I get the opportunity this week to get out there, that will definitely be a positive thing." ... OLB Josh Martin (concussion) was also limited after not practicing since being injured in the third preseason game. ... CB Buster Skrine (knee), TE Neal Sterling (concussion), WR Charone Peake (hamstring) and S Doug Middleton (knee/finger) did not practice. Custom Kansas City Chiefs Jerseys

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz